PDA

View Full Version : Episode 91 - The Final Show!

Mudderoy
08-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Now that we've let the cat out of the bag, what do you think?

Episode 91 is up and available for your listening pleasure.

XJ Wheeler
08-06-2013, 01:10 AM
I'm not gonna lie, Tony. Its gonna be tough. :(

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Rustbucket
08-06-2013, 08:01 AM
It's gonna be a long wait! I work 3rd shift and listen to a lot of podcasts while working, I look forward to new episodes of the xj talk show the most. Hope you guys enjoy the time off, it must be a lot of work to put the show together every week.

msmoorenburg
08-06-2013, 08:14 AM
YOUR A PARTY POOPER:spank::spank:

Rustbucket
08-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Ahhh the podcast and this thread kinda blended together on me! Hope no one else noticed that haha

prerunner1982
08-06-2013, 09:13 AM
It was nice while it lasted...... so long XJTalkshow. :sad0147:

Brasscatz
08-06-2013, 11:27 AM
You mean I have to go to bed at a decent time on Sundays for a few weeks??? Poo lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
08-06-2013, 05:12 PM
What is up with this? You guys were shooting for 100

prerunner1982
08-06-2013, 05:43 PM
What is up with this? You guys were shooting for 100

What a couple of quitters huh? :sign0181:

XjJeepacorn
08-06-2013, 05:51 PM
What about a jeep girl addition to tied you guys over? ;)

Mudderoy
08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
What about a jeep girl addition to tied you guys over? ;)

oooo I always loved Batgirl on the original series!

XjJeepacorn
08-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Who said anything like bats? And what do we have to do for the show?

XjJeepacorn
08-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Bats have rabies lol

Mudderoy
08-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Who said anything like bats? And what do we have to do for the show?

Well lets see. Josh and I always like having people call in to the voicemail line. We requested a short video a while back from members that we could put together as a promo for the site and the show.

NickyG just recently did audio interviews that we had on the show.

Prerunner1982 did a product review. He used the voicemail line to leave that.

4.3lxj has recorded numerous "Jeep Tips!" segments for the show.

There may be something that you think of that will be the most interesting or funniest thing we've ever had.

XjJeepacorn
08-07-2013, 04:24 AM
Ok give me a little bit to think of something:) I never have time for t.v. I don't even own one, haven't in about 5 years or so. Let me think about it and I'll watch a few to get a feel. And recommended episodes?

cantab27
08-07-2013, 05:22 AM
theres a podcast ....

Mudderoy
08-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Ok give me a little bit to think of something:) I never have time for t.v. I don't even own one, haven't in about 5 years or so. Let me think about it and I'll watch a few to get a feel. And recommended episodes?

The podcasts are audio only. We have a youtube channel that we have stuff on but not necessarily podcast stuff. If I ever get my Jeep issues resolved I'll be posting up off road videos there.

What I had in mind for the youtube channel was a short video with a collection of short videos from xjtalk members. Saying "x-j talk, it's where you go when you're not offroad" "Hi Mom!" really anything that's a few seconds long. I'd then edit them all together into a fun promo for the site and perhaps to advertise the podcast as well just depends on the clips. We've received about 3 or 4 clips so far, which is great, but just not enough for even a 30 second promo.

Now NickyG recently did some interviews with people that from what I can tell he just walked up to in a parking lot and started asking them questions! Great stuff, and funny. If you haven't heard his interviews, you might want to listen to the last two shows and get an idea.

Now I haven't discussed it with NickyG yet, but he recently suggested that we give him questions to ask people for the interview. We came up with "What do you think of the NEW 2014 Jeep Cherokee?" Now some people might not know anything about the new Cherokee, so we would supply a picture for NickyG to show them. The picture would be of the DEVIL! :smiley-laughing021:

XjJeepacorn
08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Lol!

Mudderoy
08-07-2013, 10:39 AM
We had a text message come into the XJ TALK SHOW! 24x7 voicemail line last night (midnight actually). I responded this morning. I don't think Brett will mind me sharing this with you guys.

Brett:
Tony & Josh ... What can I say my only enjoyment I looked forward too every Tuesday when I'd stream the XJ Talk Show on podkicker but you've taken that away. You were cool guys but big let down and disappointment. Screw the #s! I know like me there is plenty of die hard loyal listners. Bad call! Your #s of listener are wrong! I do not download the show. I stream it via Podkicker. So it most likely is not included as a download count.

XJ TALK SHOW!:
Thanks for the message. All the services get the show from a single source. Now Podkicker may download it once and stream it multiple times, I'll look into it. Oh and you did listen to the end of the show, right? Its a vacation, we're back on Sept 1st.

Brett:
Haha yes I did. I was driving last night mad as hell then I heard you say it was just final show before vacation. Love you guys. You got me good. Big smile on my face. Id like to start contributing to show myself. I will be doing interviews at a local offroad park this weekend.

XJ TALK SHOW!:
Excellent! Thanks! Sorry about that, and it was my fault, Josh just went along. I want to get people involved.

Brett:
It worked! And I could tell by Josh's voice something was up. What email can I send the audio to? And once again the show is awesomely hilarious I will definitely be spreading the word.

XJ TALK SHOW!:
email isn't very good for large audio file attachments. We use DropBox. What I can do is set up a folder, share it with you and you'll be able to upload huge audio files there. You'll need a dropbox account, free. Then I need the email you used for the dropbox account so I can share a folder with you.

Brett:
Ok thanks. I will setup account at lunch time. My email will be [email protected] and I will message you once its setup. I've always wanted to contribute info and interviews this will be great! Now back to work, Working on a Grand Cherokee 4.0 that cranks and doesn't start. Crank position sensor. big surprise. Thanks again Tony

XJ TALK SHOW!:
Yep, don't let me keep you from the job, I do want to point out two great things you said, 1) Show is hilarious and 2) Your involvement! Means a lot, thanks!

nickyg
08-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Now I haven't discussed it with NickyG yet, but he recently suggested that we give him questions to ask people for the interview. We came up with "What do you think of the NEW 2014 Jeep Cherokee?" Now some people might not know anything about the new Cherokee, so we would supply a picture for NickyG to show them. The picture would be of the DEVIL! :smiley-laughing021:

I would be happy to do that.. But I'm more curious about what will win in a foot race. A hot dog or a chicken nugget?

JBone
08-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Man you guys had me going there for a few minutes. I didn't want to see the XJTalkShow go away. (phew, wipes sweat off forehead). have a great vacation guys! love the TalkShow!

Brasscatz
08-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I would be happy to do that.. But I'm more curious about what will win in a foot race. A hot dog or a chicken nugget?

The chicken nugget hands down, it crossed a lot of roads in its former life

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

prerunner1982
08-07-2013, 01:19 PM
The chicken nugget hands down, it crossed a lot of roads in its former life

I don't know you would run pretty fast if your :ass: was on fire.. (i.e. Hot). :rolleyes:

Tristan89xj
08-07-2013, 03:43 PM
now what am i going to listen to at work???

prerunner1982
08-07-2013, 03:47 PM
The voices in your head.... :smiley-scared002::fighting0074::fighting0061:

Mudderoy
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
now what am i going to listen to at work???

Have you listened to all the past shows? We'll be back on September 1st. :D

prerunner1982
08-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Yep...there's at least 95hrs worth.

Mudderoy
08-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Yep...there's at least 95hrs worth.

I should mix them all into one mp3, and triple speed it! :crazy:

NW99XJ
08-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Gonna try and get some video promo's made during our short little hiatus.
I also have an interview with Warrior Products and a FEW interviews with some grass roots jeepers from a local jeep show to share with you guys too....
On of the interviews is with the owner of THIS THING:
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h328/jbchill1/Salem%20Jeepers%20Summer%20Jam%202013/IMG_3111.jpg (http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/jbchill1/media/Salem%20Jeepers%20Summer%20Jam%202013/IMG_3111.jpg.html)

This should give you guys some stuff to look forward to.

SonicCougar99
08-08-2013, 12:42 AM
I was on the show a long while back (forums being bought by Vertical Scope subject), and have been enjoying the show ever since. Can't say I've listened to EVERY show, as 60+ hour work weeks are really kicking my ass right now, but I catch it when I can.

As for helping out the show, I've got a couple mods I will be doing to my Jeep over the next couple weeks (upgrading to dual diaphragm brake booster/master cylinder on my Renix, ZJ V8 tie rod/other steering upgrade), and I will definitely try to do a review on each one individually and get it to you guys to use on the show. Something like a quick description of what was involved, why I did the mod, and what I think afterwards.

Also, with the "you're listening to the XJ talk show" thing, is it OK if I plug my local 4x4 group that I am Vice President of?

NW99XJ
08-08-2013, 09:06 AM
I was on the show a long while back (forums being bought by Vertical Scope subject), and have been enjoying the show ever since. Can't say I've listened to EVERY show, as 60+ hour work weeks are really kicking my ass right now, but I catch it when I can.

As for helping out the show, I've got a couple mods I will be doing to my Jeep over the next couple weeks (upgrading to dual diaphragm brake booster/master cylinder on my Renix, ZJ V8 tie rod/other steering upgrade), and I will definitely try to do a review on each one individually and get it to you guys to use on the show. Something like a quick description of what was involved, why I did the mod, and what I think afterwards.

Also, with the "you're listening to the XJ talk show" thing, is it OK if I plug my local 4x4 group that I am Vice President of?
That all sounds great! It's this kind of involvement we're looking to add more of in the show. And if I may.... a couple of tips for the recording..... if you have adigital recorder, great, if not, dont worry... use the free app TAPE-a-Talk.... it's got a setting for some good high quality recording. And do it in a nice quiet room, outdoors may pick up ambient noises, or wind noise. And of course, do a test recording to make sure you're not talking to loud or too close, etc....
I dont see an issue with you doing a promo... something like "this is Sonic Cougar with such-n-such jeep club, and you're listening to the XJ Talk Show" ....ya know something like that. Short and sweet!
Thanks again, and I'm lookin forward to hearing what you got.
(BTW...60+ hrs/week.... I feel yur pain man - time for a vacation!)

SonicCougar99
08-08-2013, 09:28 AM
(BTW...60+ hrs/week.... I feel yur pain man - time for a vacation!)

I just had my vacation last month, took my car to Indiana and back for the national get-together for another car club I'm a part of. 3,700 miles with no A/C, it wore me out! Why do vacations always make you MORE tired than you were before you left?

Mudderoy
08-08-2013, 09:32 AM

Of course! Anyone that has something, even a business, feel free to call into the voice mail, or record something and we can play it on the show. Naturally we have the right to play or not play it. If it's time sensitive we need to know when it shouldn't be played, like not after XXX date.

Mudderoy
08-08-2013, 09:36 AM
I can't express how great it is to hear so many people (here and via text) that are willing to jump in and help. It really makes me feel like I'm not doing the podcast for nothing. Thank you!

92warwagon
08-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Its all good thanks! listened to first podcast it was tuff! got through it and Im thankful how much it has improved, well done.....

altonamud
09-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Podcast podcast podcast Podcast podcast podcast Podcast podcast podcast Podcast podcast podcast.
Me need more

Mudderoy
09-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Tonight at 10pm CT

And LIVE on Youtube's LIVE EVENTS
http://youtu.be/N0Mi7ylzZcU

XJ Wheeler
09-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Won't be able to join then. Its not supported on my phone.

bluedragon436
09-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Glad to see the show is back!!! If I can figure out my Skype info I'll try and call in!!

Brasscatz
09-01-2013, 02:57 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of the youtube live event... will google hangouts not work?

Mudderoy
09-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Won't be able to join then. Its not supported on my phone.

Sorry to hear that Jake. I guess you tried installing the YouTube app?

XJ Wheeler
09-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear that Jake. I guess you tried installing the YouTube app?

Yep. I tried the app, website, and the link josh put in chat for the t&j show. I could comment but no video. Said the live playback event wasn't supported.

nickyg
09-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Welcome back, Great show. I really dig that I can watch it on youtube the next day.

prerunner1982
09-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Thought it was neat that I could watch it right here in this thread.