PDA

View Full Version : Lift shackle's ?????

Primo
09-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Any body ever seen a 3'' lift shackle??????
I either need some 3'' lift shackles or I will have to do a 2'' shackle and a 1'' block, I'd rather not use a block but I don't want to change my rear leaf's.
As I sit right now if I can find some and then get some 3'' coils then I will be able to go up to 5'' of lift, of corse there will be some other things I will need. (DB's or arms, shocks and bigger tires ect. )

96xj
09-20-2009, 12:07 AM
??? why would you have to change your leaf springs if you added blocks ???
as far is i know the only thing you have to change is your U bolts someone correct me if im wrong :driving:

Primo
09-20-2009, 01:08 AM
??? why would you have to change your leaf springs if you added blocks ???
as far is i know the only thing you have to change is your U bolts someone correct me if im wrong :driving:

No no no you missunderstood that.
I like my my rear leafs , I did a 2" add a leaf and they are smooth and flexy so I don't want to change them out for like a 3" or 3 & 1/2" leaf just so I can run a 1 & 1/2" lift shackle.
Im not a big fan of blocks so Id rather not run blocks either, but If I have to run a 1" block so I can use a 2" lift shackle then I will prolly do so.
However I would much rather just run a lift shackle and my springs, just don't know if a 3 " lift shackle even exsists.

warrpath4x4
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
You could custom build one or have a buddy build them.

Primo
09-20-2009, 10:29 AM
You could custom build one or have a buddy build them.

There is a couple local fabers One called Skys Extream Off Road (SXOR)
I now he makes them but don't know if he does in a 3'' I will have to check, Im just wondering if any of you fine fellows has seen some.

2000XJ
09-20-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't know if running a 3" shackle is a great idea. I think that it may be better for you and for your wheeling if you continued to build up the bastard pack that you have. It may work out better.

I see YJ guys running really long shackles (3"+) and their rigs just don't work well.

muddeprived
09-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Using a 3" shackle will flatten your leaf spring in a hurry and also throw off your pinion angle.

But if you want to.....

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Jeep_XJ_Shackles/XJ_FS.html

4.3LXJ
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Using a 3" shackle will flatten your leaf spring in a hurry and also throw off your pinion angle.

X2. That much shackle would definitely be bad for your springs. You would need to replace them shortly. Also that cheap shackle leads to other problems, like driveline vibration due to changed pinion angle. It will cost you much more in the long run.

Primo
09-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Awsome feedback guys THANKS!!!!
So what do you think I should do 2" shackle 1" block or 1.5" shackle and 1.5" block???

muddeprived
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
So what do you think I should do 2" shackle 1" block or 1.5" shackle and 1.5" block???

Out of those options, i'd do a 2" shackle/1" block setup.

My route would be 2" shackles, 1" OME AAL.

Primo
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Out of those options, i'd do a 2" shackle/1" block setup.

My route would be 2" shackles, 1" OME AAL.

Ome aal? not sure what that means, I might say duh after you tell me tho.

2000XJ
09-20-2009, 11:53 PM
OME = Old Man Emu (Jeep Part manufacturer)

AAL = Add-a-Leaf

I'd go with 2" shackle, 1" block. I'd just make a bastard pack though.

Primo
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
well just like I said duh, I know old man emu they make some pretty cool stuff and as for AAL wow Im thick of corse it means add a leaf I guess I've just never seen these abreivations!
I really like how it rides with my Black Diamond AAL (see that I used it) so I don't want to make it stiffer with more leafage Im guna go 2'' shackle 1" block for know.

muddeprived
09-21-2009, 12:08 AM
duh

:rotfl2:

Voldemort
09-21-2009, 01:39 AM

But if you want to.....

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Jeep_XJ_Shackles/XJ_FS.html

He mudde have you used any of this companies products?? I need a track bar and steering link and I like their prices.

muddeprived
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
He mudde have you used any of this companies products?? I need a track bar and steering link and I like their prices.

I ordered their upper arms last week. They should be getting here anytime. From the research i've done on many forums, everyone has said positive things about this guy. My experience talkin with him is great. He rushed my order so I could get it before this friday's off road trip.

4.3LXJ
09-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Instead of doing shackles at all, lit would be cheaper to do a bastard pack. Use first generation S10 heavy duty four leaf springs. Use the bottom three leaves and go from there.

Primo
09-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Instead of doing shackles at all, lit would be cheaper to do a bastard pack. Use first generation S10 heavy duty four leaf springs. Use the bottom three leaves and go from there.

Na Im not going to do any more to my leaf's, I already have the 2" AAL and it rides stiff enough not to bad but but enough and if I add more leafs then it will ride like a rock Im sure.