PDA

View Full Version : the big brown truck dropped something off...

muddeprived
09-19-2009, 01:20 PM
anyone know what these are or what they are for?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/superrails/PIC-0107.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/superrails/DSCF6626.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/superrails/PIC-0106.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/superrails/DSCF6629.jpg

:D

Mudderoy
09-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Tube rear bumpers for two XJ"s?

muddeprived
09-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Tube rear bumpers for two XJ"s?

(BUZZER)

Sorry, try again.

Primo
09-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Detors rock slyders.

BlueXJ
09-19-2009, 04:53 PM
UPS made an error they were supposed to be delivered to my house. Please re-box them and call 1-800-PICKUPS and have them delivered to me ASAP. Thanks mudd.

muddeprived
09-19-2009, 06:47 PM
UPS made an error they were supposed to be delivered to my house. Please re-box them and call 1-800-PICKUPS and have them delivered to me ASAP. Thanks mudd.

Ok i told them about it. They will be picking up a big long.......empty box. Expect it next year.

muddeprived
09-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Detors rock slyders.

Close. AJ's super rails. I wanted detours but gf chose AJ's..........cuz she liked the name...lol. I'll be buyin detour's rear tire carrier bumper soon so he's getting more of my money later on.

Primo
09-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Close. AJ's super rails. I wanted detours but gf chose AJ's..........cuz she liked the name...lol. I'll be buyin detour's rear tire carrier bumper soon so he's getting more of my money later on.

I really like them I was wishing spanky would make some with the rocker gaurs like these ones, Least I don't think he does,
Sicky where did they come from?

BlueXJ
09-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I really like them I was wishing spanky would make some with the rocker gaurs like these ones, Least I don't think he does,

He said they are AJ's and that Detours does not make the ones he wanted. GF bought these for him....I'm so jealous.

2000XJ
09-20-2009, 04:18 PM
They'll serve you well Mudd, I love my AJ Rails!

muddeprived
09-20-2009, 04:21 PM

Spanky does make em, even better ones:

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjrokslyders.php

Remember, spanky does custom work too. If you need additional things added to whatever he has then just ask and ya shall receive. Look at Mudderoy's front bumper. Totally custom built to his needs. :thumbsup:

muddeprived
09-20-2009, 04:27 PM
He said they are AJ's and that Detours does not make the ones he wanted. GF bought these for him....I'm so jealous.

I'm surprised she went ahead and got em. She normally limits my jeep gifts to $200 but after seeing what her bro did to his jeep, she decided these are well worth the extra $100. Her bro rubbed up against a tree and really scratched up his big door. I almost did the same but I hit the throttle and spun around it before It hit the doors. These sliders will prevent any door impacts.

2000XJ, I browsed your pictures a few times just to get a glance of the rails on your jeep. I would say your jeep is one of the few that convinced her to order them cuz it looked very good on yours. :) She was plannin on the same ones but decided the outer rails were worth the extra $50 so she went with the super rails.

2000XJ
09-20-2009, 06:15 PM
NICE! ...Just don't let her look at my Jeep now or she may not let you wheel anymore!

I'd love to have a set like yours for added protection, but I couldn't swing the extra cash when I bought them, and I really couldn't keep putting it off. I have some DOM lying around at my friends house (I think), so I may bend my own set of extra guard rails and weld them to the sliders. I haven't convinced myself of it yet. I'm working to get the drivetrain street worth again, then some body work, then who knows what will come...

firehawk
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM
VERY nice! A shop that does some welding for us I found out last week HAS a tubing bender. Hummm.......:D

Melissa
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I can't wait to see them on!! :popcorn:

Oh........interesting choice of reading material you have there Mudd :)

muddeprived
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
NICE! ...Just don't let her look at my Jeep now or she may not let you wheel anymore!

I'd love to have a set like yours for added protection, but I couldn't swing the extra cash when I bought them, and I really couldn't keep putting it off. I have some DOM lying around at my friends house (I think), so I may bend my own set of extra guard rails and weld them to the sliders. I haven't convinced myself of it yet. I'm working to get the drivetrain street worth again, then some body work, then who knows what will come...

You gonna go straight out or slant them at an angle upwards? What I don't like about these is you hit your leg on them getting out. It's no biggie and I'm sure i'll get used to em. I banged my shoe on it right off the bat and ruined the paintjob. I gotta touch it up tomorrow...already. :smiley-scared002: If you slant them upwards it may make it easier getting out...i dunno.

I just put em on and the weirdest thing happened..........NOTHING. Usually something goes wrong like a broken bolt, stripped threads, snapped part, cracked socket, etc but nothing went wrong and they bolted right up. I didn't even take my time to measure the holes and stuff. EASY MOD....except the 4 hour paint job.

Pictures coming tomorrow cuz it's too dark right now.

Mel,
That is NOT my reading material....but i do find myself glancing at a couple pages while I'm doin my business in Mr. John's room. It gets old reading the same jeep magazine for 4 months straight so something different is nice. It helps it all come out. :D

muddeprived
09-20-2009, 08:47 PM
VERY nice! A shop that does some welding for us I found out last week HAS a tubing bender. Hummm.......:D

DO IT. ;) It's worth saving your doors and having something there so you can pivot around trees without sweating your balls off in fear of dentin your door.

Primo
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM

HMMMM ? I caught that !!!!!!!!!!!!! DID you buy them direct never heard of them I will just google it google is always helpful.

Primo
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Spanky does make em, even better ones:

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjrokslyders.php

Remember, spanky does custom work too. If you need additional things added to whatever he has then just ask and ya shall receive. Look at Mudderoy's front bumper. Totally custom built to his needs. :thumbsup:

Nice so he will add the outer rail if ya ask hu? I have seen all spankys stuff on his websight and I love his unibody rock slyders and if he wiil put that outer rail on them then Im sold for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

muddeprived
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Nice so he will add the outer rail if ya ask hu? I have seen all spankys stuff on his websight and I love his unibody rock slyders and if he wiil put that outer rail on them then Im sold for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he'll do it for a few more pennies for his piggie bank. Send him a pm or email him from his website.

2000XJ
09-20-2009, 11:58 PM
You gonna go straight out or slant them at an angle upwards? What I don't like about these is you hit your leg on them getting out. It's no biggie and I'm sure i'll get used to em. I banged my shoe on it right off the bat and ruined the paintjob. I gotta touch it up tomorrow...already. :smiley-scared002: If you slant them upwards it may make it easier getting out...i dunno.

I haven't decided yet. I'm not exactly sure how much additional work I want to put into the XJ in terms of money after I fix it up in the next couple weeks. It may stay as-is for a while, or may even go up for sale over the winter. As much as I love the XJ, I think I want to build a TJ or YJ, or buy something with some 60's and a Dana 300/Atlas/Stak under it and build up around them. Still putting alot of thought into this, can't do anything until the XJ is roadworthy again though.

I just put em on and the weirdest thing happened..........NOTHING. Usually something goes wrong like a broken bolt, stripped threads, snapped part, cracked socket, etc but nothing went wrong and they bolted right up. I didn't even take my time to measure the holes and stuff. EASY MOD....except the 4 hour paint job.

:shocker: Gotta love those types of jobs. Removing the tcase was like that last week, took no time at all. I'm hoping that the rest of the process continues to be like that. I love when everything goes unexpectedly smoothly :rotfl2:

muddeprived
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
I haven't decided yet. I'm not exactly sure how much additional work I want to put into the XJ in terms of money after I fix it up in the next couple weeks. It may stay as-is for a while, or may even go up for sale over the winter. As much as I love the XJ, I think I want to build a TJ or YJ, or buy something with some 60's and a Dana 300/Atlas/Stak under it and build up around them. Still putting alot of thought into this, can't do anything until the XJ is roadworthy again though.

:shocker: Gotta love those types of jobs. Removing the tcase was like that last week, took no time at all. I'm hoping that the rest of the process continues to be like that. I love when everything goes unexpectedly smoothly :rotfl2:

We think alike. I got plans on getting a tj again and building it up. The gf's gonna take the xj. :popcorn:

Yeah it's weird when everything goes as planned. It makes you feel like you are on Extreme4x4.

muddeprived
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
It finally stopped raining enough to go take some pictures down at the park...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6631.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6632.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6638.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6640.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6643.jpg

Here's me trying to roll it over on a pebble...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6655.jpg

i failed.

BlueXJ
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
My rockrails look good on there, thanks for painting them. Send me a tracking number once the BBT picks them up from you and then I can plan on them getting here at a certain date.

Primo
09-21-2009, 07:18 PM
They look good man I like them!!!

Voldemort
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM
People and In touch Mags ??? Nice reading?

muddeprived
09-21-2009, 09:10 PM
People and In touch Mags ??? Nice reading?

There's a part in the mag where they try to guess if the twin mountains are real or fake. So i guess it's nice reading.......

my gf's into that holywood shi$. :rolleyes:

dajeepman
10-21-2009, 01:53 AM
hey muddeprived how did your AJ's rails go on? Did you have to mod them to work? Me and my friend both got the Super rails and he screwed up my order and send me the thinner one... Well I just blew it off because I needed them bad well when we got to put them on they did no align up at all... The back sticked out further than the front.. The pinch seams did not align up at all.. We had to end up cutting the back leg off and re welding them shorter. This is on both sides. Im was not happy at the workmanship of AJ's Rock Rails.

I was gonna get AJ's bumper but after what i went through I went and got a C4x4 bumper. Love it. its super heavyduty.

Rant off.

muddeprived
10-21-2009, 08:27 AM
hey muddeprived how did your AJ's rails go on? Did you have to mod them to work? Me and my friend both got the Super rails and he screwed up my order and send me the thinner one... Well I just blew it off because I needed them bad well when we got to put them on they did no align up at all... The back sticked out further than the front.. The pinch seams did not align up at all.. We had to end up cutting the back leg off and re welding them shorter. This is on both sides. Im was not happy at the workmanship of AJ's Rock Rails.

I was gonna get AJ's bumper but after what i went through I went and got a C4x4 bumper. Love it. its super heavyduty.

Rant off.

Mine were a little off too. I had about 1/2" of space between the bracket surface and frame. I got worried that it won't fit but I was told just to go ahead and install it and it will fit, and it did. Everything bolted up just fine. I saw that he mentioned about this on his website:

You may notice slight gaps between the mounts and the metal of the XJ, this is normal and not a problem unless they are pretty big. All my rails are built using a fixture so there is little to no variances in those. After speaking with an engineer who was involved with the production of XJ's throughout the years I found there were variances in the unibody itself. If you run into a problem or concern let me know, there are ways to accomodate this. It's not often though.

Unibody sucks. :thumbdown:

COSXJFAN
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Those look like nice pieces!!