PDA

View Full Version : Canyoneering

bad luck
07-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Another of the things I like to do but don't have enough time for, is to go canyoneering. Here are a few nice pics of it. If anyone is coming to town and wants to go with me, that would be great. I can never find people willing to go.(Maybe they don't have a death wish) The two dry canyon routes are in Arches N.P. the wet one is down south a little ways. The first pics are of Elephant Butte the highest point in the park, to get there you have to scramble on rocks and rappel down then climb back up. The other one is a route in the park called U-turn, it's very fun. The last set is the watery canyon down south, even though it's in the desert the pools of water never see any sunlight and the water is very cold, that's the reason for the wetsuits. After leaving the pool of water, you come on these nice anasazi ruins.

nickyg
07-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the invite. But I think thats a place I would enjoy more from here, seated comfortably in my chair.

bad luck
07-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the invite. But I think thats a place I would enjoy more from here, seated comfortably in my chair.

Well, I hope you enjoyed looking anyway.

nickyg
07-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Well, I hope you enjoyed looking anyway.

Yes! I enjoyed it very much, It's beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing.

4.3LXJ
07-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Very nice. Now all you need is to add spelunking to the list

XJ Wheeler
07-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Wow, so gorgeous down in there!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.