PDA

View Full Version : Tower Arch

bad luck
07-20-2013, 07:44 AM
We went on another little excursion yesterday, this time up into Arches National Park. After stopping in at the visitor center to check on road conditions and to tell a friend to come look for us if we didn't return or call. (my wife works in the visitor center and she knows everyone) We headed up to the Salt Valley Rd turnoff. I didn't include any pics of the rest of the park, but it is worth a visit, if you ever get the chance. After driving up Salt Valley Rd we turned on the jeep trail to Tower Arch, this road has gotten so much worse than the last time we drove it in a stock 4runner, I am not sure a stock vehicle could make it now. But the last time was about 15 years ago. You need to look closely to see Tower Arch in the pics behind my wife. After leaving there we headed south to the junction with Willow Springs Rd. past Eye of the whale arch. We then headed west on Willow Springs Rd and out of the park. After a quick stop to look at the dinosaur footprints, on to U.S.191 and back home.

gary63
07-20-2013, 07:53 AM
nice hope to get down there and check some of your trails they look like nice driving and alot to look at too.

4.3LXJ
07-20-2013, 09:28 AM
If we ever get down there, you folks are for sure the people to go see about what is available there

XJ Wheeler
07-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Went there a few years back when we had some down time in the area. But it wasn't much time so we had to rush, although we did hike one trail. Great place to see, definitely want to go back.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

bad luck
07-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Went there a few years back when we had some down time in the area. But it wasn't much time so we had to rush, although we did hike one trail. Great place to see, definitely want to go back.

Yes we have quite a bit of scenery, I hope you can come out here sometime.

bad luck
07-20-2013, 05:04 PM
If we ever get down there, you folks are for sure the people to go see about what is available there

Likewise, if I can get out to Northern Cal. I will ask your advice on where to go 4 wheeling.

90ARMYxj
07-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I hope to take my family out that way sometime hopefully before I move away from Nevada.

bad luck
07-23-2013, 07:04 PM

Hi Jake, I wish you could come back again to visit, I would like to run a couple trails with you.

bad luck
07-23-2013, 07:06 PM
I hope to take my family out that way sometime hopefully before I move away from Nevada.

If you get the chance to come out this way be sure to send me a message I would enjoy going on a trail with you.

XJ Wheeler
07-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi Jake, I wish you could come back again to visit, I would like to run a couple trails with you.

Well, we do plan to move closer so that may become reality. Although not likely soon. :(

bad luck
07-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Que sera, sera.

TimmyTXJ
07-24-2013, 07:31 AM
That Jeep is looking good with those cleaned up wheels Robert! Looks like a fun trip!

bad luck
07-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Yes, I agree, it looks much better with the black paint gone. It was a fun trip, we didn't have any problems at all. But sometimes when you get stuck or have trouble it makes the trip more memorable.

NW99XJ
07-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Amazing scenery, thanks for sharing.
Looks like it was a great little day trip.

bad luck
07-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Josh, yes that's about all my wife wants to do is little day trips. I would like to go on an extended off road trip. I think I could go a long way towards Arizona without driving on pavement if I could carry enough gas. But the day trips are fun too.

Dredwolf
07-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Yes, I agree, it looks much better with the black paint gone. It was a fun trip, we didn't have any problems at all. But sometimes when you get stuck or have trouble it makes the trip more memorable.

You can say that again...:D