PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlinks!

Mudderoy
07-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Some of you may have noticed some words and phrases being underlined and highlighted. This is a new application we have subscribed to called VigLinks. Basically they have set up relationships with vendors (like we have with Amazon) and they get paid a few cents when someone clicks through to that site.

To make a business out of it they share those cents with websites that subscribe to their service, like we just did. So when you click on that hyperlink here, it goes to VigLinks then on to the affiliate site.

It's not malware, a virus, or anything like that. Stay calm. :D

I know many of you are new here and you may have missed our stated goal. The goal is to collect enough income monthly so that we can pay for the site, which we have, and then collect enough to be able to have give aways. My personal wish is for it to be monthly.

It's been a very slow progression, but it is a progression. The give aways that have happened in the past, over a year now ago, were done so out of my personal pocket. No worries it was an investment in the site and besides it's always fun to give people things! :bacondance:

I'm looking forward, as I am sure the rest of the :xjtalk: staff is, in the give aways being the rule and not the exception!

So as it stands we have...

Google AdSense
Amazon
VigLinks

and I'm working on an eBay affiliate program currently.

Also I don't want to forget to mention our Vendors, our site supporters who have donated to the site, and our site subscribers. The vendors and subscribers pay MONTHLY! We have some long term vendors and subscribers. Thank our vendors by checking out their sites before buying and just thank our subscribers! :D

prerunner1982
07-27-2013, 10:43 PM
ok......but what's with the "sponsored links"?

I know you gotta do what you gotta do, but man those things irritate me. They just disrupt the way the board is setup and my OCD kicks in.

4.3LXJ
07-27-2013, 11:37 PM
I have to agree. First one I saw I was trying my best to move it to spam

Mudderoy
07-28-2013, 04:18 AM
ok......but what's with the "sponsored links"?

I know you gotta do what you gotta do, but man those things irritate me. They just disrupt the way the board is setup and my OCD kicks in.

You mean the ads, right? Well funny thing is I've been seeing them all the time, and I thought you guys were to! Turns out only unregistered, registered and admins were seeing them.

(That means Super Moderators, Moderators, Chat users, Users 500, and Users Elite, and some others, were not!)

The idea was that everyone would see them except for those that are subscribers, or have made donations to the site.

It's not a "do what I gotta do" situation really. It's just what I see on the other sites, and I really do have a wish that we can get to a point where we have more frequent (Monthly is my goal) give aways.

Give it a little time and let me know what you think. Having you guys here is more important that having the ads, I was just hoping for both.

Mudderoy
07-28-2013, 05:42 AM
I made a few changes, see if it's any better now. Thanks for the feedback BTW!

Brasscatz
07-28-2013, 08:52 AM
kinda annoying, but I'll give it a few days as well. So if we click on the sponsored ads, (I keep seeing our vendors links like Detours and JeepTubes) that generates a little for the site?

Mudderoy
07-28-2013, 10:19 AM
kinda annoying, but I'll give it a few days as well. So if we click on the sponsored ads, (I keep seeing our vendors links like Detours and JeepTubes) that generates a little for the site?

Google adsense is like dealing with the government (except they GIVE you money) I cannot confirm or deny you click question. :crazy:

Now for Detours, JeepTubes, and IronMan4x4Fab they have paid xjtalk to be vendors on this site so yes please click on their ads and check out their products. :xjtalk: They pay up front, not for clicks.

prerunner1982
07-30-2013, 05:32 PM
I made a few changes, see if it's any better now. Thanks for the feedback BTW!

Much better, can live with that. My OCD thanks you.