PDA

View Full Version : is it time for a new ECM ???

96xj
09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
OK so far i replace cap & rotor & distributor , spark plugs & wires, CPS, pick up coil, NSS, fuel filter, I'm probably missing so some input people:D
the reason for asking is because it keeps turning off on me and now its happening as i drive and i also change the fuel pump relay and the just to the right of it ,
i think its 1of2
1...fuel pump
2...ECM
what do ya think??????

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 09:51 AM
OK so far i replace cap & rotor & distributor , spark plugs & wires, CPS, pick up coil, NSS, fuel filter, I'm probably missing so some input people:D
the reason for asking is because it keeps turning off on me and now its happening as i drive and i also change the fuel pump relay and the just to the right of it ,
i think its 1of2
1...fuel pump
2...ECM
what do ya think??????

What has happened that makes you think the ECU may be bad? I think fuel pump is a more likely candidate than the ECU. I mean the ECU should display some sort of error. Have you put a code scanner on it?

You checked the fuel pressure on the rail?

96xj
09-16-2009, 11:01 AM
What has happened that makes you think the ECU may be bad? I think fuel pump is a more likely candidate than the ECU. I mean the ECU should display some sort of error. Have you put a code scanner on it?

You checked the fuel pressure on the rail?

no i did not check the fuel pressure on the rail yet ill do that when i get home i was told that it should be 65 PSI is that correct?

96xj
09-17-2009, 09:24 AM
OK so the fuel pressure is 52 PSI i put the scanner on and the only thing that comes up is the ignition coil but i just replace it about 3 weeks ago ???
some jump in

Mudderoy
09-17-2009, 09:26 AM
OK so the fuel pressure is 52 PSI i put the scanner on and the only thing that comes up is the ignition coil but i just replace it about 3 weeks ago ???
some jump in

Clear the codes, then run it a few days, see if the ignition coil comes back. Or just put the old one back on.

96xj
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Clear the codes, then run it a few days, see if the ignition coil comes back. Or just put the old one back on.

what good will the old one do its no good :shocker:

96xj
09-23-2009, 09:00 PM
is there a way to check the ECM???
and when i go get a ecm froma junk yard dose it matter if its the same year and dose it have to be from a 4x4 ???