PDA

View Full Version : Off Road Vehicles in the Movies

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 09:31 AM
For some reason, my wife really enjoyed the movie "The Mist". She enjoyed it so much that when she saw the DVD "The Fog" she bought it thinking it was the movie "The Mist". Needless to say she was disappointed when she found out it wasn't the right movie. :smiley-laughing021:

So I ordered "The Mist" from Amazon for her. Anyway I was looking around on the Internet because I was remembering the scene where they are driving through (strangely enough) the mist with the protagonist's 4x4. He had something that I really like, lots of lights!

In the movie I just thought it looked cool. When I found some stills from the movie, I had time to think about what I was looking at.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/themist.jpg

What psycho drunk set up these lights?!?!?! Now the hand controlled light on the driver's side I understand, and even the roof mounted lights to a certain degree. But what is going on with those bumper lights?!?!?!

Clearly this is an example of logic meeting art. However logic may have been involved. It crossed my mind, that the camera filming this shot may have been of little use, if the lights were lined up in a "logical I want to see where I am going" fashion.

Anyway I see things, think about them and usually only subject my family to my thoughts. Let this be a warning to you when you decide not to post things, because I have plenty to share. :popcorn:

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/themist1.jpg

Audio222
09-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Dude you are the king of digging up things on the internet. I am in awe. :)

muddeprived
09-16-2009, 10:14 AM
he prob hit a few people and animals driving around in that mist, causing the lights to be out of whack.

or they just superglued em in there for the movie....

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Dude you are the king of digging up things on the internet. I am in awe. :)

rofl, yeah but it's a scary kind of awe isn't it. :smiley-scared002:

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 10:21 AM
he prob hit a few people and animals driving around in that mist, causing the lights to be out of whack.

or they just superglued em in there for the movie....

Nope this is where they are leaving the parking lot of the grocery store.

The story happens in the North West I believe. If it had happened in Texas, those creatures wouldn't have stood a chance. Pistols, shot guns, assault weapons, and possiblly a few low yield nuclear devices. :headshake:

Audio222
09-16-2009, 11:44 AM
rofl, yeah but it's a scary kind of awe isn't it. :smiley-scared002:

Its all good, for now.:thumbsup:

Melissa
09-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Never seen the movie

Howler_GT
09-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Not to burst anothe bubble here on XJTalk

but the vehicle in question here was mostlikely purchased and set up specifically for this movie.
The person installing the lights was probably not worrying about "functionality" as much as the "dramatic visual" effect of off-road lights lighting up the night, or in this case the mist.

Just another 4x4 propagated myth fueled by ill-informed stereotypes

Mudderoy
09-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Not to burst anothe bubble here on XJTalk

but the vehicle in question here was mostlikely purchased and set up specifically for this movie.
The person installing the lights was probably not worrying about "functionality" as much as the "dramatic visual" effect of off-road lights lighting up the night, or in this case the mist.

Just another 4x4 propagated myth fueled by ill-informed stereotypes

Exactly! Bubble still intact (non-bursted)!

bigjim350
10-06-2011, 11:28 PM
That movie had the best ending ever produced in a movie. :D

XJ Wheeler
10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Reminds me of that suburban on Dante's Peak. The lights at one point were all wacked out too.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/xZoomerZx/Dantes%20Peak%20Suburban/Image8.jpg

I never thought i'd hear anyone say the mist had a good ending. I know it was a twist ending but come on. No offense, but personally its in my top three worst.

cantab27
10-07-2011, 09:26 PM
who cares, it just a old 80 series yota....came out of factory with wonky fogs as a extra...lol