PDA

View Full Version : I'm an a$$

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 09:21 AM
I think you guys know I'm not a fan of the Grand Cherokee. It's like the retarded sister we keep locked in the basement. Well that prejudiced came out in a Yahoo Answer (I was answering). I wasn't that ruff, but it was enough to insult at least one person enough that they had to send me a message via Yahoo.

Hello Mudderoy (tony_muckleroy),

You have received a message from another user!

Subject: Grand Cherokee...

Message: I own 2 XJ's and I love them, however I noticed you said it was more of an off road vehicle than a Grand...I'm sure you know it's the exact same drivetrain or sometimes better with a V-8 and the rear control arms offer better articulation than an XJ. However, we know you cant slide a grand down trees and rocks without massive damage.

I told Josh B that there was nothing wrong with liking Grands, it was all personal preference. I mean some guys like fat chicks, right? :smiley-laughing021:

Anyway I invited him over here to defend the honor of the Grand Cherokees. I hope he takes me up on the offer, as I think it would be great fun. I told him that some of you guys liked the Grands, so at least he wouldn't be alone.

Ok I have to pull out my grands picture!

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/Grands_Cherokee_Bisquits.jpg

muddeprived
09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Both of you guys are wrong. XJ's and Grand's suck.....

hummers are the shi$s!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/1.jpg

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 10:24 AM

hummers are the shi$s!

I don't know what's worse. Someone that has a chrome hummer toy, or taking the to take a picture of it to make it look like a real hummer.

alwaysxj
09-16-2009, 10:29 AM
man i think i will go trade my xj in for a hummer and some rap music. also i have never realy liked grands all that much. people need to leave them to the soccer moms.

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 10:42 AM
A guy here at the office saw me drive out of the parking garage one day. He told me he didn't wave back, because he didn't know it was me.

He then asked me about the round sticker I have on the side of my Jeep. He asked if I was in some sort of medical, or rescue service. I had to think a minute before I realized he was talking about this sticker. The one in the middle.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/Jeep_Stickers3.jpg

I told him that many off road folks don't consider the H2 anything but a off road wanna be, and stickers like this poke fun at that fact. I told him what the sticker said, and he started laughing, laughing hard.

There seems to be a general dislike of hummers that goes beyond the Jeep community.

I think they are a cool looking vehicle, but I'd rather have a H1.

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Hello Mudderoy (tony_muckleroy),

You have received a message from another user!

Subject: Re: Grand Cherokee...

Message: I don't like the Grand, I was just defending it's capabilities. It is a Jeep and it will go. My buddy had a 93 grand with the 318 and it went everywhere my XJ went and sometimes further. I'm already a member of an XJ site http://www.naxja.org

Check out the last line.

BlueXJ
09-16-2009, 11:06 AM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg83/JonJenC/hungryjack.jpg

I like their biscuits as well.

These are good too!!!
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/nuching/image_about_HJ_lollipop.jpg

alwaysxj
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
i like naxja don't get me wrong but i don't like how you have to pay to be a member. witch is fine if you would get something out of it. i asked one member well what do you get if you pay. beacuase i was getting sh$$$ because i was not a paying member and he said well i don't know i think you get a sticker and then you can write a signature i think that is all you get but im not sure. well why should i have to pay to write a saying on the bottom of my posts. i like this site alot more the people are nice and you don't have to pay to post. the people at naxja think that naxja is the best site ever well i would much rather look at xjtalk any day of the week.

BlueXJ
09-16-2009, 11:14 AM
In defence of NAXJA they have the most and best tech info on the web. You get to support that info and if you will notice they are a .org not a .com which indicates they are a club. Many clubs have dues and NAXJA is among that group. I am a member there throung 2013 and will continue to support my club as I have learned so very much from them and their members.

alwaysxj
09-16-2009, 11:25 AM
In defence of NAXJA they have the most and best tech info on the web. You get to support that info and if you will notice they are a .org not a .com which indicates they are a club. Many clubs have dues and NAXJA is among that group. I am a member there throung 2013 and will continue to support my club as I have learned so very much from them and their members.

i am not trying to to nag on them but. when i asked them why i should pay to join they could not tell me why. but then they can treat you like a moron when you ask a question. i thought that was what those kind of sites are for.

Voldemort
09-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I like the Grand but just so my wife can have a nice car and still drive a jeep. I have a good friend of mine that has a '03 WJ overland with the HO V8 that I could not get to buy a XJ when he was looking now it looks like this.
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/bigbadxj/Jeeps/4x4show093.jpg
As for my opinion on NAXJA I go there just for tech and sales not to post. Nothing fun there.

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
i like naxja don't get me wrong but i don't like how you have to pay to be a member. witch is fine if you would get something out of it. i asked one member well what do you get if you pay. beacuase i was getting sh$$$ because i was not a paying member and he said well i don't know i think you get a sticker and then you can write a signature i think that is all you get but im not sure. well why should i have to pay to write a saying on the bottom of my posts. i like this site alot more the people are nice and you don't have to pay to post. the people at naxja think that naxja is the best site ever well i would much rather look at xjtalk any day of the week.

I was never told to pay to be a member, I had to dig around to find out. I joined not to get help, but because I had received SO MUCH help that I felt joining was the very least I could do to help support a site that saved me so much time and money. I renewed for the same reason. NAXJA has it's place. My goal is to have something as nice, but make sure people are respected at the same time. :thumbsup: Having something that large and polite may not be possible though. We'll see.

Mudderoy
09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I like the Grand but just so my wife can have a nice car and still drive a jeep. I have a good friend of mine that has a '03 WJ overland with the HO V8 that I could not get to buy a XJ when he was looking now it looks like this.
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/bigbadxj/Jeeps/4x4show093.jpg
As for my opinion on NAXJA I go there just for tech and sales not to post. Nothing fun there.

Very nice aggressive looking rig.

Melissa
09-16-2009, 12:34 PM

hummers are the shi$s!

OMG! :eek: :yack::yack::yack:

I was kind of looking for a grand, when I found my XJ :o

I thought they were the same thing, just different body styles :scared0016::sign0013:

AJ99
09-16-2009, 12:34 PM
no mudderoy you are just a hating a$$ hole lol

4.3LXJ
09-16-2009, 02:10 PM
I signed up on their site and was not impressed with my welcome. On the one to ten scale they are about a 3

2000XJ
09-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Honestly, I like ZJ's alot, especially the '97-'98s. I also like the WJs after the little "facelift" they got in '03 or '04. I was about "this" close to getting a '98 ZJ Limited with the 5.9L V8 when I bought my daily driver XJ this past spring. Just couldn't bring myself to get the 5.9L for fuel costs (takes premium and the mileage sucks, obviously), the NP249 tcase, and the trans - both of which aren't exactly "strong points" like the XJ's AW4 and NP242 (or NP231). Now I kind of regret it because it's an awesome vehicle IMHO and if well-maintained the drivetrain will last very long.

I've been on NAXJA for some time, but could never get used to that crowd so I stopped visiting. I find good tech in other places, or just ask people with experience. I usually can't tolerate the BS on NAXJA, it just gets annoying.

whowey
09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Well.. I own a ZJ.... I will out comfy any XJ any day of the week....

The V-8 has more power than the 4.0l could ever dream of...

206k on the tranny...no problems whatsoever(the 4.0L tranny is the problem child)

The T-case.... meh... no.. double meh...

But its a street queen.. Its heavier, wider and longer than the XJ.. and yeah... I really want the same folded piece of sheetmetal that I cringed every time it was touching something, with a second set on the back.(Lower control arms)

Ohhh yeah.... and all that plastic cladding. That just screams off-road.

Melissa
09-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Well.. I own a ZJ.... I will out comfy any XJ any day of the week....

The V-8 has more power than the 4.0l could ever dream of...

206k on the tranny...no problems whatsoever(the 4.0L tranny is the problem child)

The T-case.... meh... no.. double meh...

But its a street queen.. Its heavier, wider and longer than the XJ.. and yeah... I really want the same folded piece of sheetmetal that I cringed every time it was touching something, with a second set on the back.(Lower control arms)

Ohhh yeah.... and all that plastic cladding. That just screams off-road.

The tranny on my XJ has over 280,000 miles on it and I have never had any problems what so ever with it.

BlueXJ
09-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Trannies (AW4) will last up to half a million miles if properly cared for. Then they might need a rebuild. I have three that I have under my shed which I thought I would need for my 90 Renix but so far at 260,000 miles still holding on and was used a few days ago to drag a pick-up with a loaded 16' trailer about 15-20 feet with the truck in park and the brake set. So I am pretty impressed with the tranny in that particular Jeep.

COSXJFAN
09-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Well, NAXJA just closed my acct, and I have to guess that it is because I'm not a supporting ember, or a member of a group. They can have it, I'll spend my time elsewhere!!

alwaysxj
09-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, NAXJA just closed my acct, and I have to guess that it is because I'm not a supporting ember, or a member of a group. They can have it, I'll spend my time elsewhere!!

that's all right this site is better anyway.:shocker:

COSXJFAN
09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
NAXJA has a ton of great tech, but they just are a little on the Richard Cranium side of things for me!! BTW, I like this site just fine!!

Mudderoy
09-22-2009, 01:58 PM

Well I went over there and created an account using "COSXJFAN" so now you are stuck. Oh I guess you could use COSXJFAN II. :smiley-laughing021:

2000XJ
09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
NAXJA seems a little extreme for me, especially after hearing this COS... ridiculous. I like the few forums I'm on now alot better than there. Makes me wonder if my account is still active there.

COSXJFAN
09-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Prolly not!!

DETOURS
09-22-2009, 10:04 PM
alwaysxj.......I need a full size pic of your avatar!

NAXJA is the grandfather of XJ sites, it is what it is.......mostly good!

ZJ........Ya well okay.......get past their electrical issues, the joint I cant currently spell that goes bad......and their aluminum Dana 44 option in the rear........not to mention the $300 fuel pump in their tanks..........I guess their not bad rigs, if considered such by more than 10% of current owners.

(former ZJ owner, thankyou)