PDA

View Full Version : ARB fridge freezer

bad luck
06-30-2013, 09:54 PM
I just bought a 50 qt. or 47 liter ARB fridge freezer. I haven't tried it in the jeep yet but plugged it in to the house current, and I set the temp for 0 celsius. It only took about 15 or 20 minutes for it to reach it. I think I'm going to like this a lot. Cold beer on a camping trip always makes the trip better.

4.3LXJ
06-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Not to mention cold beverages while hot and dusty from wheeling

gary63
07-01-2013, 10:49 AM
I have one you will like it and it doesn't draw much power after it gets cold.

bad luck
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
An update on my ARB fridge, I finished the wiring to the back of the jeep, I used 10 gauge wire to get to the cargo area. And I cut off the cheesy cigarette lighter plug and used an Anderson plug. 50 amp rating, way overkill. But I really like those connectors. Anyway after I hooked it up, it would not run on 12 volt power. So I called Joey at OverRockOffroad, who I bought it from, he advised me to contact ARB, which I did, ARB had me try a couple little things, but no go. So they asked me to return the one I had, and they are sending me a replacement. They were really good about honoring the warranty. And Joey at OverRockOffroad told me if for some reason ARB gave me a hard time, that he would make it right. I highly recommend Joey and ARB for doing the right thing without any hassle.

OverRockOffRoad
07-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Thank you Bad luck for the update, I really appreciate it. Its been a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to anything I can help you with in the future.

It's unfortunate that the Fridge is not working correctly but I am glad to hear it's being taken care of.

A few things I have learned over the years is good customer service goes a long way. Taking care of the customer, following up with customer as well as being honest is a big thing to me when it comes to customer service.

Thank you,
Joey

bad luck
08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
I have one you will like it and it doesn't draw much power after it gets cold.

Your right, Gary it doesn't run much once everything is cooled down. I find it works better when I keep it full, and of course don't open it too often. It sure beats the Grizzly cooler I was using, and that was pretty good, but messing with ice and the water was a pain in the rear. I am very pleased with this.

gary63
08-11-2013, 09:57 PM
you we find out in the high 90s and 100 if you open it and close it and try to open it a fow min. later it will have a very tite seal like a vacum seal so it can cool down just pull hard it is all good.

OverRockOffRoad
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
So how are things working? Did ARB set you up with a new Fridge? If so is it working correctly?

Joey

bad luck
08-12-2013, 09:07 PM
So how are things working? Did ARB set you up with a new Fridge? If so is it working correctly?

Joey

Hi Joey, Yes they gave a new replacement fridge. They even sent it out to me before I sent the other one back to them. So I have nothing but good things to say about ARB. And the fridge works great. Thanks for asking.

JDeanMurray
01-31-2014, 07:54 PM
I'd like to look into getting one of these for the tow rig. I only hear good things about them.