PDA

View Full Version : Joining the "late" 20th century...since it's over

firehawk
04-07-2009, 06:20 PM
That's right, I'm movin' on up next week!:thumbsup:

DSL high speed internet is on it's way!!! Well sorta high speed:o, I connect now at the blazing speed of 45.296 kbps:smiley-laughing021:, next week it will be about 800kbps.:smiley-scared002:

ANYTHING will seem high speed to me. :D

Mudderoy
04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
You don't think 20 times faster will be better.

Congrats man, you'll be able to watch the naked girls moving around now!

xjjeepthing
04-07-2009, 07:06 PM
About dam time caveman

DETOURS
04-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Just think of all the free time you'll have!

firehawk
04-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Just think of all the free time you'll have!

Yeah, yeah....more time to work on the Jeep!:thumbsup:

Uh Jeff....I got your caveman right here!:D

You want to know what REALLY pisses me off, it's cheaper than the stupid dialup I have now.:mad0090:

DETOURS
04-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah, yeah....more time to work on the Jeep!:thumbsup:

Uh Jeff....I got your caveman right here!:D

You want to know what REALLY pisses me off, it's cheaper than the stupid dialup I have now.:mad0090:

Thats crazy.....$$$$??

firehawk
04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
That's what I thought. I pay $23/month for MSN dialup. I always thought cable/DSL was $50/month or more. AT&T DSL at the speed I can get is only $19.99/month.

Melissa
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Congrats, you'll like it ALOT better!

BlueXJ
04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Mine is more expensive than yours but fast and portable. It plugs in and travels just like a cell phone b/c it is from my cell phone company.

DETOURS
04-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Mine is more expensive than yours but fast and portable. It plugs in and travels just like a cell phone b/c it is from my cell phone company.

Great for lap tops!:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
04-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Congrats, you'll like it ALOT better!

How would you know. :smiley-laughing021:

Melissa
04-07-2009, 11:28 PM
How would you know. :smiley-laughing021:

Oh that hurt.............................not really

Hey, I used to have dial up until I started stealing the wireless :D

BlueXJ
04-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Great for lap tops!:thumbsup:

I use it for my desk PC as well. We could/can't get cable here and I tried the satelite thing and it was too unreliable in this South Texas wind so I went to buy a battery for my cell phone and saw them and got it hooked up that day and it works so well I don't know how I could ever go back. But as I mentioned it is $49.95/mo. Unlimited use so I never take it off the 'puter unless we are gonna get a thunder storm. Then I shut everything down.

Melissa
04-17-2009, 04:42 AM
So..............uh.............Firehawk........... ...hows gettin the high speed internet going? ;)

Mudderoy
04-17-2009, 09:22 AM
I use it for my desk PC as well. We could/can't get cable here and I tried the satelite thing and it was too unreliable in this South Texas wind so I went to buy a battery for my cell phone and saw them and got it hooked up that day and it works so well I don't know how I could ever go back. But as I mentioned it is $49.95/mo. Unlimited use so I never take it off the 'puter unless we are gonna get a thunder storm. Then I shut everything down.

Which company is it with?

BlueXJ
04-17-2009, 11:56 AM
SPRINT why do you ask?

Mudderoy
04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
SPRINT why do you ask?

I'd like to have wireless Internet access for my laptop, just curious.

BlueXJ
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
We actually have two of the wireless devices and my wife has one for her Dell Inspiron laptop and they work flawlessly. We have no cable access here and the satelite thing was not very reliable so we switched to the cell phone company about 2 years ago and have never had a problem. They are pricey at $59.00/mo for unlimited use.

Melissa
04-17-2009, 08:15 PM
See this is why I have to steal wireless internet. Either I pay dish network $300 up front for wireless through them and then $59 a month. I do not have a land line only a cell phone, but they do not offer internet out where I live yet.

BlueXJ
04-18-2009, 12:12 AM
See this is why I have to steal wireless internet. Either I pay dish network $300 up front for wireless through them and then $59 a month. I do not have a land line only a cell phone, but they do not offer internet out where I live yet.

Who do you have your cell service with? I know that Sprint, Verizon and AT&T all have the wireless service devices available and are each nationwide providers.

Melissa
04-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Who do you have your cell service with? I know that Sprint, Verizon and AT&T all have the wireless service devices available and are each nationwide providers.

I have US Cellular, but I have checked with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T and as of right now they do not even offer cell service in my neck of the sticks.

BlueXJ
04-18-2009, 12:24 AM
So sorry to get your hopes up. I have used my sprint service in Bellingham Washington and that is as close to your neck of the sticks as I have gotten.

Melissa
04-18-2009, 12:45 AM
I have searched everywhere for a service that won't cost an arm or a leg for wireless to start, but to no avail. Thats okay, I'm still getting it from someone around here. It's not as fast as I would like (18Mbps), but I'm not complaining, it's free.

muddeprived
04-18-2009, 05:25 AM
That's what I thought. I pay $23/month for MSN dialup. I always thought cable/DSL was $50/month or more. AT&T DSL at the speed I can get is only $19.99/month.

Wow that's alot for dial up. I used to "borrow" mom's aol account for access anywhere but she would always log me off when she signed on so I searched hi and low for a cheap dial up and found people pc.

http://www.peoplepc.com/newsignup/pages/Landing.aspx

Back when i used it, it was $4.99 a month. CHEAP! It's now $10 a month but first couple months are $5 something.

I have comcast cable internet and will never go back to dial up unless i lose my fingers and have to type with my "11th" finger.