PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 97+ 8.25 29 spline w/ lsd

XJ Wheeler
05-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Long story short. My rear brakes are close to metal on metal, so i thought "good time to do the zj/kj disc conversion". And then the gears got turning. I do already have an 8.25, but its 27 spline and open. If you don't know me, i like to take FOREVER to do anything. So, the thought i have is to upgrade to a 29 spline axle with the limited slip, and this will keep me from having my jeep down for possibly weeks as well as being more capable and stronger. So, i can clean it up and get the brakes swapped over while its off the jeep.

My criteria is 97+ Chrysler 8.25 rear axle with 3.55 gears, 29 spline shafts, and the elusive limited slip. Now, i can't afford to do this twice so it HAS to be in good, operating condition. And again, money is an issue so the cheaper the better. Still have other things that could use the fundage. And i'm in the North Houston area, so north side - conroe woodlands - spring - and surrounding areas are best. Okay, apparently i'm picky. ;)

If anybody knows of one, like in a junkyard, would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks, Jake.

XJ Wheeler
05-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Just remembered gearing, 3.55 gears to match the front. I put it in the first post too.

Carves
05-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Come down for a holiday,

Buy me Rum ..................... Lots ..

Go home with ... non LSD, 3.55, 29 spline, chryco 8.25

:D:D

XJ Wheeler
05-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Come down for a holiday,

Buy me Rum ..................... Lots ..

Go home with ... non LSD, 3.55, 29 spline, chryco 8.25

:D:D

Can i carry that on the plane? :D