PDA

View Full Version : Seat Reupholstery Shops in Houston?

girlyjen78
05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Rather than buying new replacement seats for my YJ I am curious whether or not it would be more cost effective to get my current seats reupholstered...Of course my driver seat is worn and split on the side... I think this is a common occurrence from people getting in and out over the years. My seat also needs a little fixing as the seat back doesn't move back, etc because someone broke the handle thingy for it. Other than that the seats are the originals and in good shape. They are grey though and I want black ones.

Does anyone know of any good/economical shops around the Houston area? Another alternative would be maybe dying them and getting the driver seat fixed. Open to ideas/suggestions or anyone that can point me in the right place!

Mudderoy
05-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Rather than buying new replacement seats for my YJ I am curious whether or not it would be more cost effective to get my current seats reupholstered...Of course my driver seat is worn and split on the side... I think this is a common occurrence from people getting in and out over the years. My seat also needs a little fixing as the seat back doesn't move back, etc because someone broke the handle thingy for it. Other than that the seats are the originals and in good shape. They are grey though and I want black ones.

Does anyone know of any good/economical shops around the Houston area? Another alternative would be maybe dying them and getting the driver seat fixed. Open to ideas/suggestions or anyone that can point me in the right place!

I have heard from $120 to $200. I'm looking for one as well, but cost effective I don't think it will be (speak like yoda I do)

girlyjen78
05-01-2013, 04:02 PM
I have heard from $120 to $200. I'm looking for one as well, but cost effective I don't think it will be (speak like yoda I do)

120 to 200 per seat? or for all three?

Mudderoy
05-01-2013, 04:27 PM
120 to 200 per seat? or for all three?

Sorry I just need one seat repaired, so it was for one.

girlyjen78
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
I see. I can buy new seats that price per seat :) Trying to decide what to get is the hardest part!

Mudderoy
05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
I see. I can buy new seats that price per seat :) Trying to decide what to get is the hardest part!

I don't know how you are about junk yard diving but several people told me to find a passenger seat and take the part that your butt goes on and swap it with my torn drivers seat and crushed cushion.

Still I'm looking at complete seats on Amazon for $108 to $165 (Oh never mind the $108 was a cover, the $165 is a Bestop complete seat though.)

BestopĀ® 39436-01 TrailMax II Black Crush Front High Back All-Vinyl Fixed-back Single Jeep Seat for 76-06 Jeep CJ and Wrangler : Amazon.com : Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31b%2B4u2Wd1L.@@AMEPARAM@@31b%2B4u2Wd1L

girlyjen78
05-02-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't know how you are about junk yard diving but several people told me to find a passenger seat and take the part that your butt goes on and swap it with my torn drivers seat and crushed cushion.

Still I'm looking at complete seats on Amazon for $108 to $165 (Oh never mind the $108 was a cover, the $165 is a Bestop complete seat though.)

BestopĀ® 39436-01 TrailMax II Black Crush Front High Back All-Vinyl Fixed-back Single Jeep Seat for 76-06 Jeep CJ and Wrangler : Amazon.com : Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/39436-01-TrailMax-All-Vinyl-Fixed-back-Wrangler/dp/B001892T3I/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1367451579&sr=1-6&keywords=jeep+yj+seat+-cover)

I would have fun in a junk yard! I was looking at those seats, too! They look nice!

prcjeep
05-02-2013, 01:47 PM
i think it would cost about 400 to have all three done from when i've looked in the past

girlyjen78
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
i think it would cost about 400 to have all three done from when i've looked in the past

Thanks, Patrick!

prcjeep
05-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks, Patrick!

Sure thing!

Carlyn wants to get the drivers seat in her's repaired... its only separating along the seems though