PDA

View Full Version : I own an XJ again!

OverRockOffRoad
04-30-2013, 05:13 PM
After selling my XJ about 2 years ago I have been wanting another one, so last week I picked up a 95 Country. I am going to do some light mods and keep it simple, a big reason for buying the XJ was so I can park the YJ and build it.

Here is the new edition to the Over Rock Jeep family.
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/jrw7072009/95%20XJ/photo_zps25741266.jpg (http://s588.photobucket.com/user/jrw7072009/media/95%20XJ/photo_zps25741266.jpg.html)

The paint is rough but it only has 155k and runs great with a good working AC which was a must since my new move to AZ.

My plans for the XJ will be a small lift, 2-3" and wheels and tires. Then from there I may do some bumpers and other small upgrades. For the paint I may do a vehicle wrap or something cool but at the very least for now I am getting rid of the gold and going to clean up the clear coat that is flaking off.

4.3LXJ
04-30-2013, 05:36 PM
an Joey, I didn't know you moved to AZ. Working your way across country from me. Was it my deodorant?

Brasscatz
04-30-2013, 06:28 PM
congrats on the new addition!

XJ Wheeler
04-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Nice addition. Looks a bit like mine, with gold instead of silver. Glad we got another blue troop in the color battle! Can't wait to see what's in store.

OverRockOffRoad
05-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks everyone I am happy to be driving an XJ again.

Yeah Steve I'm trying to get as far away as possible..... J/k actually I would move back to NorCal in a heart beat! We just move to AZ because my wife got a promotion which landed us in Bullhead City, AZ. I'm happy to be out of Vegas but I was hoping for more trees instead we got a hotter desert the Vegas.

On the plus side there are more trails then I could ever wish for and we are 5 mins from the Colorado river.

4.3LXJ
05-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Nice Joey. Hole in the Rock is one that the wife and I want to do some time. Just a nice scenic trail on the red rock. Doesn't require too much build to do it. We will have to get together and do that one some time. It is located on river above Lake Mead

OverRockOffRoad
05-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Hmmm I will have to look into that trail, I am still near Lake Mead so that will be a good one to hit.

I am just starting to take apart the YJ now I am yanking the D30 and 35 out from under it and I will be getting the new axles in place my (new) goal will be fall just in time for it to cool down around here then I plan to do some more wheeling!

4.3LXJ
05-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Very cool Joey. We will be working on the new used TJ this weekend and later on in the month I will start beefing up the frame and linking the rear.