PDA

View Full Version : what is a d35 worth with a lock right?

alwaysxj
09-11-2009, 05:42 PM
now first off i know what you are thinking a d35 is worth nothing that is why i am upgrading. but i know their is some people that wheel them with out problems. so their has to be some one out their that would want it. i just want to know i have a d35 with a lock right in it and stock everything. so i think. it came in my xj it is a 88 i will be replacing the front disconnect and the d35 with a hp 30 and a 8.25. i was going to try to ask like $250 for both what do you think is that to much or you think that is good? i know that just the locker alone is like $350 and it was put in not ever one year ago.

let me know what people think so i can get rid of them i don't want to sit on them for ever so i want to sale them fast.

Mudderoy
09-11-2009, 06:07 PM
now first off i know what you are thinking a d35 is worth nothing that is why i am upgrading. but i know their is some people that wheel them with out problems. so their has to be some one out their that would want it. i just want to know i have a d35 with a lock right in it and stock everything. so i think. it came in my xj it is a 88 i will be replacing the front disconnect and the d35 with a hp 30 and a 8.25. i was going to try to ask like $250 for both what do you think is that to much or you think that is good? i know that just the locker alone is like $350 and it was put in not ever one year ago.

let me know what people think so i can get rid of them i don't want to sit on them for ever so i want to sale them fast.

From what I have read (and we tend only to remember the bad stuff) anyone that wheels a D35 could use a spare. ;)

Sounds like a much cheaper option and a simple swap with what you are selling. I think it's a great price for someone that already has a d30 and d35.

whowey
09-11-2009, 06:25 PM
When you say you are replacing your D-30 with an HP D-30... you do realize that your existing D-30 is an HP already???? So unless you meant you are switching to D-30 without the vacuum disco.. you won't be gaining anything there.

alwaysxj
09-12-2009, 09:06 AM
When you say you are replacing your D-30 with an HP D-30... you do realize that your existing D-30 is an HP already???? So unless you meant you are switching to D-30 without the vacuum disco.. you won't be gaining anything there.

yes sorry that is what i ment. i will be swaping a d30 out of a 99 so it will not have the vacuum disconnect like my 88 does.

muddeprived
09-12-2009, 10:22 AM
The norm that I see is $50 for a dana 35, sometimes free. Sell it for the locker's worth and add maybe 25 or 50 for the axle itself. The HP dana 30 goes for $100-$200 from what I've seen and almost bought LOL. Are they in good condition?

2000XJ
09-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I got lucky and got $100 for my Stock Dana 35 when I sold it last year. It was complete, no locker.

My suggestion: Pull the lockright out of the D35, and sell it as it's own separate unit. Here's why - The locker is easy to ship, and probably quick to sell on its own. You'll also make the same amount of money, if not more, by selling the locker alone w/o the dead weight of the axle. It also opens up your buyers market because it's small enough that you can ship it for cheap.

Reinstall the spider gears into the D35 carrier, and see if you can get $50-$100 for the D35 w/o the locker. If you can't sell it within a couple months, try to sell the shafts for $25/each, or $50 for both. Sell the drums for $15 each. That will put about $80 in your pocket.

Usually with the Dana 35 it's easiest to part it out, you'll get the most money, and then you can take the axle to a steel mill/steel recylcer and get some cash by the pound for it.

whowey
09-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Hmmm.. it cut out the other half of my post....

Unless you find someone that specifically wants Non-C clip axle shafts.. the D-35 itself isn't worth much. I think I have about 8 or 9 sitting here that I paid grand total of $25 for. And I actually got paid to take two or three of them away.

I would certainly second the remove the lock-rite and sell it seperate. Do they come in a C-clip and non-C clip versions like some other lunch box lockers???