PDA

View Full Version : Tell a friend about xjtalk.com

Mudderoy
04-12-2013, 03:15 PM
You may have noticed this at the top of the page...

Many of you know what a wonderful and friendly site xjtalk is. Well tell your friends! You can use our invitation system if you know their e-mail, or you can just send the a private message if they are friends on another forum! Do it today! Your friends will thank you, and so will we.

If you've taken the time to tell a friend, post about it here. If you told them about :xjtalk: on another forums, which forum?

If you've invited your friend over, what do they think of the site?

XJ Wheeler
04-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Okay, i was looking at the fabrication section on Cherokee Forum one day and saw this thread for a rooftop spare tire carrier this guy had made. And being i made one too, i always like to see how others might have done something differently. So, while giving the thread a read i noticed something i didn't like. Most of the posts (maybe 3 pages worth) were blasting the guy about how unsafe that is or it was stupid how he carried two spare tires, and other stuff that escapes me at the moment. There is this guy, who by the way is a great person, none more respectful than him, getting torn a new one from members and MODERATORS! So, i felt i could offer up a referral to him to try XJTALK.com. So, after several messages back and forth i find out from him that even since he first signed up this stuff has been happening. Giving him trash about buying a 4 cylinder, etc. Toward the end of our talk he says he's done with CF, and coming over to XJTALK.

Lost another one to XJTALK, should be our commercial. :D

Mudderoy
04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Okay, i was looking at the fabrication section on Cherokee Forum one day and saw this thread for a rooftop spare tire carrier this guy had made. And being i made one too, i always like to see how others might have done something differently. So, while giving the thread a read i noticed something i didn't like. Most of the posts (maybe 3 pages worth) were blasting the guys about how unsafe that is or it was stupid how he carried two spare tires, and other stuff that escapes me at the moment. There this guy, who by the way is a great person, none more respectful than him, getting torn a new one from members and MODERATORS! So, i felt i could offer up a referral to him to try XJTALK.com. So, after several messages back and forth i find out from him that even since he first signed up this stuff has been happening. Giving him trash about buying a 4 cylinder, etc. Toward the end of our talk he says he's done with CF, and coming over to XJTALK.

Lost another one to XJTALK, should be our commercial. :D

Love the background story. I'll have to admit I really don't know how bad things are out there on the other Jeep sites since I only come to this one. I have been extremely lucky to have been doing that for several years now! Still amazes me you guys come here every day, every week or every month!

Again my goal is to make those other sites implement the same rule we have here "respect each other!" or take away all there members. Problem solved either way! :D

4.3LXJ
04-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I have gotten members here that way too. CF is its own worst enemy

Mudderoy
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
No more colorful stories? I thought there would be more and maybe some sex or violence as part of the sharing. :rotfl2:

Stumper92
04-16-2013, 12:33 PM
I found this site by searching for a Jeep, or Cherokee specific podcast to occupy my time while traveling for work. Found the XJ Talk Podcast and then went to the Forums. I am a longtime member of NAXJA, as well as local clubs in my area. I have to say of all the forums I have been a part of, this one was the most welcoming.

Stumper92
04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Sorry, should I have added sexual innuendo or references to guns to spice up the story a bit?

Mudderoy
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Sorry, should I have added sexual innuendo or references to guns to spice up the story a bit?

Hey I liked it... just saying... :smiley-gen165: