PDA

View Full Version : Episode 74 corrections

Cherokee Bill
04-05-2013, 09:23 PM
First off let me say that I enjoy your show. I just found it and have not fully been thru the first episode but I have enjoyed it so far.

I do have a couple of corrections that I have noticed. First is the Durango steering g box upgrade. You said it has to be from a non snow plow option and that is incorrect. Non snow plow option durangos had a rack and pinion. You have to get the box from a 99 Durango WITH the snow plow option. Second is that the trailhawk package IS available in the states. I am a member of the Facebook group Red Dirt Jeeps and there is a member that has a trailhawk here in Oklahoma city. I just felt that you would like to know that.

Keep up the good work guys!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Mudderoy
04-05-2013, 11:01 PM
:rotfl2:
First off let me say that I enjoy your show. I just found it and have not fully been thru the first episode but I have enjoyed it so far.

I do have a couple of corrections that I have noticed. First is the Durango steering g box upgrade. You said it has to be from a non snow plow option and that is incorrect. Non snow plow option durangos had a rack and pinion. You have to get the box from a 99 Durango WITH the snow plow option. Second is that the trailhawk package IS available in the states. I am a member of the Facebook group Red Dirt Jeeps and there is a member that has a trailhawk here in Oklahoma city. I just felt that you would like to know that.

Keep up the good work guys!

Thank you. We do not tolerate these types of shoddy reporting on the XJ TALK SHOW! I have I just sent Josh a e-mail letting him know his pay has been cut in HALF! How dare you Josh! :rotfl2:

nw99xj is Josh, and I'm sure he'll like to know this information. I bet he'll verify then use the information as a correction(s) in episode 75.

Very glad you're enjoying the show, and thanks very much for joining us here on :xjtalk:

XJ Wheeler
04-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Hey Bill, welcome to xjtalk. Glad you joined up and listen to the show. If memory serves me right i believe the guys were talking about the 2014 Cherokee trailhawk, and your friend would have a Grand Cherokee. I could be wrong but i think so. Either way both trailhawks are/will be available in the US.

prerunner1982
04-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Hello Mr. Bill S......

As far as the Durango box swap goes, dang near every write up I have seen on the subject state non snow plow box. It seems the non snow plow unit has a variable rate where the snow plow box is a fixed rate. And also from what I can find, the rack and pinion wasn't until 2000. The recommended box for the swap is the 99 (though I it seems the 98 should work as well).

Cherokee Bill
04-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Yes XJ Wheeler they were talking about the Cherokee but at one point mentioned that they didn't know if either model with the TH package would be available in the US. I was just confirming that it was available on the GC

Prerunner I had done a bit of research on this when I first heard about it back in 07-08 and at the time most everything I saw said that it needed to be the snowplow option because it was the only one that had a gear box. I did my swap back in 08 and haven't looked at writeups on that subject since then. Mine has worked flawlessly and it gave me the ability to steer Thru the trails with one finger all the time.

I will stand corrected on my corrections about the gearbox though, I did not know that there was a variable speed gearbox that was more preferred, thanks for the info.

prerunner1982
04-06-2013, 09:44 AM
That's just what I have read, I have never done the swap so what do I know?.... I may have to go look into this a bit deeper, have the local dealership pull some parts and compare.

Cherokee Bill
04-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Either box is well worth it. I got the snow plow options box and it seems to work just fine. Now the box for the non snow plow options may give you a quicker response , I don't know but if you're going to go to bigger tires that should be one of your first upgrades

Mudderoy
04-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Great info and respectful conversation. That's and important part of :xjtalk:!!