PDA

View Full Version : Camping trip to New Braunfels this summer.

bigjim350
04-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Was talking to Tim and Jen last weekend about maybe going on a camping trip this summer to New Braunfels sometime this summer. As you know, a camping trip is always more fun with a group of people. Was seeing if anybody else would be intrested. If so let me know so we could work out a date. Doesnt have to be New Braunfels, if you know of someplace better around here, suggest it.

TimmyTXJ
04-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Was talking to Tim and Jen last weekend about maybe going on a camping trip this summer to New Braunfels sometime this summer. As you know, a camping trip is always more fun with a group of people. Was seeing if anybody else would be intrested. If so let me know so we could work out a date. Doesnt have to be New Braunfels, if you know of someplace better around here, suggest it.

Totally in! A three day camping trip, maybe with some wheelin' thrown in sounds about right to me! :watermelon:

bigjim350
04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
So here are a few dates me and my wife came up with 4/19-21, 4/26-28, or 5/3-5.

TimmyTXJ
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
So here are a few dates me and my wife came up with 4/19-21, 4/26-28, or 5/3-5.

I'm sure we can make one of those work! I guess no one else wants to go camping? I thought Cherokee owners were outdoor types ;)

4.3LXJ
04-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I would go, but too far. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get people to join you camping. I haven't had any takers yet

girlyjen78
04-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm sure we can make one of those work! I guess no one else wants to go camping? I thought Cherokee owners were outdoor types ;)

We are volunteering at the MS 150 the weekend of 4/19, so we can't do that! Other than that, we're good!

msmoorenburg
04-03-2013, 06:41 AM
I'm gonna try and make it :) I'm starting to run out of time off:mad: I looks like a SEMA trip this year

TimmyTXJ
04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
We are volunteering at the MS 150 the weekend of 4/19, so we can't do that! Other than that, we're good!

Looks like the weekend in May will work out best for us. Jenny won't be able to take off work that Friday so we would have to join y'all Saturday morning. I did a quick check and it looks like Guadalupe River State Park has a burn ban in effect as of March. Not sayin' that won't change, but something to keep in mind. Also, think the max we can get on one campsite is ten people, not sure what Texas rules are on number of vehicles though.

Another option might be Marble Falls... nearby wheelin' action might entice some more folks to check their calendars! :driving:

TimmyTXJ
04-03-2013, 09:38 AM
I would go, but too far. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get people to join you camping. I haven't had any takers yet

We'll have to try and figure out a halfway point to meet up to do some wheelin' and camping Steve. Would love to do some trail riding in Colorado!

4.3LXJ
04-03-2013, 10:43 AM
CO or AZ would be great. One of these days I was going to take the wife to Quartzite for shopping anyway.

Rock and gem capital of the world, plus two flea markets that make up the rest of the town that caters to the snow birds camped for miles around

girlyjen78
04-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Looks like the weekend in May will work out best for us. Jenny won't be able to take off work that Friday so we would have to join y'all Saturday morning. I did a quick check and it looks like Guadalupe River State Park has a burn ban in effect as of March. Not sayin' that won't change, but something to keep in mind. Also, think the max we can get on one campsite is ten people, not sure what Texas rules are on number of vehicles though.

Another option might be Marble Falls... nearby wheelin' action might entice some more folks to check their calendars! :driving:

Noone said we can't drive up on the Friday of camping! We'd just have to put the tent up in the dark. I can see in the dark :P

4.3LXJ
04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Tent by braille, sounds good

4x4Dalton
04-04-2013, 12:15 PM
I checked my work schedule and I start weekends those weeks :(

bigjim350
04-04-2013, 01:43 PM

Camping at hidden falls does sound like a good idea.

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

bigjim350
04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I checked my work schedule and I start weekends those weeks :(

Well what dates will work for you?

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

4x4Dalton
04-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Not til like the end of next month. Ill get exact dates later.