PDA

View Full Version : Stitcher! - A new way to listen to the show!

Mudderoy
03-29-2013, 07:57 PM
I know some of you would like to listen to the show, but just find the whole thing a bit complex, or too inconvenient. Well because we're such great guys we're going to try and fix that! :rotfl2:

We have signed up with "Stitcher"!

What is Stitcher?

It's an app that you can download to your smart phone and use the STREAM the podcasts that you like. In other words it acts like a $15 portable radio! ;)

So head over to your apps store, iTunes on Apple devices(?) and download and install Stitcher. Once installed just search for "XJ" or "XJ TALK SHOW!".

One more click and you'll be listening to the show! Remember your data plan! You might want to do this when you have free WiFi available since one show is about 100mb.

Let me know what you think of this solution and if it helps you get our show, or really a multitude of other available podcasts!

:poke:

Paddletrucker
03-30-2013, 07:59 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Installing as I type. Looks like it has good reviews. I'm one of the holdovers who hasn't yet been screwed out of my unlimited data plan, so this might be GREAT for me when I'm not able to join in the chat during the live show. I didn't have much luck with the UStream App last time. I'll be running in the BFE during the show tomorrow night, so maybe I can test it.

XJ Wheeler
03-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Just got it for my android, and even better its FREE!

bluedragon436
03-31-2013, 01:32 AM
Am downloading the app right now... as I'll be out and about somewhere, unfortunately during the show.. will try and get on for the show live... but if not I'll def plan to tune in using the app...

Brasscatz
03-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Will this let you participate in the chat?

Paddletrucker
03-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Will this let you participate in the chat?

I didn't see a chat feature, maybe I missed it. I'll be in Kansas City when the show starts, so I ought to have good cell service. I didn't have much luck with the ustream app a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping this is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paddletrucker
03-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Duh!! I won't be in Kansas City till close to 11PM. I SHOULD be on I-35 by 10, though, and usually have 3G service on the interstate. Keeping fingers crossed

Mudderoy
04-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Stitcher streams the previously recorded podcast. Ustream streams the "LIVE" show as it's happening.

Paddletrucker
04-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Stitcher streams the previously recorded podcast. Ustream streams the "LIVE" show as it's happening.

Yep. Figured that out.

brentc
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Just curious why you guys are using this does it do something different? I have an iphone and get the receive the podcast when you guys upload them now using the podcast app on the phone.

Paddletrucker
04-03-2013, 10:10 PM
I use an iPhone and get the podcasts, too. When I downloaded it, I was looking for a way to stream it live. The ustream mobile app hasn't worked too good for me so far.

Mudderoy
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Just curious why you guys are using this does it do something different? I have an iphone and get the receive the podcast when you guys upload them now using the podcast app on the phone.

Some people seem to have a problem with the whole concept of downloading and listening to podcasts. We figured this would make it easier. Download the app, search for xj talk, listen. They even have a fav. Just simplicity, and also another way to advertise the show to a group of people that use Stitcher.

You'll get the best sound quality getting the show the way you are getting it now.

Mudderoy
06-07-2013, 01:14 AM
I've learned more about Stitcher since we first started using them to publish our shows.

I have found that this is probably the easiest way to listen to a podcast on the go!

They have really made a nice and easy interface. If you have a good data plan on your phone this is a great way to catch the show. Wifi would make it a no-brainer.

Josh and I are now doing two weekly shows. The XJ TALK SHOW! and the Tony and Josh Show.

Here are the links to the current podcast episodes at the time of this post.

XJ TALK SHOW!
http://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=24744314&refid=stpr

Tony And Josh Show
http://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=24745069&refid=stpr

Brasscatz
06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
I may have to give that a shot for the Tony and Josh Show. I can't seem to get the feed on BeyondPod. I have to download it to my phone straight from the tonyandjosh.com site.

Mudderoy
06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I may have to give that a shot for the Tony and Josh Show. I can't seem to get the feed on BeyondPod. I have to download it to my phone straight from the tonyandjosh.com site.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/tonyandjoshshow

I had to select ALL before it would show up in BeyondPod :(

Brasscatz
06-07-2013, 10:13 AM
there we go! I could find a bunch of Tony and Josh Show stuff, but every time I would add it, it wouldn't be the correct feed url and would give me an error. By typing in that feed url you posted, it works! Thanks!

Mudderoy
06-07-2013, 10:17 AM
there we go! I could find a bunch of Tony and Josh Show stuff, but every time I would add it, it wouldn't be the correct feed url and would give me an error. By typing in that feed url you posted, it works! Thanks!

Oh good, because I didn't test the links that came up from the search :S