PDA

View Full Version : Make the wife think I'm busy...

Infidel Edition
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
OK. Not all weekend long doing chores. But I have my time because she doesn't know any better...:out:

I work 4 ten hour shifts at US Fish & Wildlife (Mon - Thur ~ Today's my Friday!) and I cover military funeral services Fri/Sat/Sun as needed.
...I'm a reservist now.

She doesn't know I only work 4 x 10's! As far as she knows, I work a normal 5 day work week. The downside is that I have to get up and go away every Friday as if I were going to work.
But I go work out in the federal gym for a few hours and then, if I have a funeral tasking, I'll go do that. Otherwise, I'll go hide out at my dad's or friend's house and work on my (used to be '69 K5 / but now) xj.

Same on Sat/Sun... but I don't have to get up early. If I have a funeral tasking, I knock out a few miles of running, shower and head out.
Or, I'll tell her I have a service (and load my uniform in the truck) and head to ~~

SSShhhhhh! Don't rat me out :rolleye0012:

ArmyGuy45
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM
OK. Not all weekend long doing chores. But I have my time because she doesn't know any better...:out:

I work 4 ten hour shifts at US Fish & Wildlife (Mon - Thur ~ Today's my Friday!) and I cover military funeral services Fri/Sat/Sun as needed.
...I'm a reservist now.

She doesn't know I only work 4 x 10's! As far as she knows, I work a normal 5 day work week. The downside is that I have to get up and go away every Friday as if I were going to work.
But I go work out in the federal gym for a few hours and then, if I have a funeral tasking, I'll go do that. Otherwise, I'll go hide out at my dad's or friend's house and work on my (used to be '69 K5 / but now) xj.

Same on Sat/Sun... but I don't have to get up early. If I have a funeral tasking, I knock out a few miles of running, shower and head out.
Or, I'll tell her I have a service (and load my uniform in the truck) and head to ~~

This sounds like the beginning of an awesome story once the news breaks.

4.3LXJ
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Oh yes. We want vids and everything

Mudderoy
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM

...I'm a reservist now.

You are living a dangerous life there Bubba. Come clean before it's too late! :popcorn:

Infidel Edition
03-28-2013, 03:24 PM
You are living a dangerous life there Bubba. Come clean before it's too late! :popcorn:

22 years (15 since active duty) and she still hasn't caught on.
I think too late passed a long time ago.

cantab27
03-28-2013, 03:31 PM
na mate stick to it ..great story ..................

Mudderoy
03-28-2013, 03:35 PM
lol karma is playing a hand in this.

As some of you know we "broadcast" posts randomly to Facebook and Twitter.

Yep, you guessed it, this post was sent out to those two social media service about an hour ago. :rotfl2:

4x4Dalton
03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
I say a cool $200 and I never saw a thing :D :D

4.3LXJ
03-28-2013, 03:52 PM
For that much, I'd skip the vids

Infidel Edition
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
For that much, I'd skip the vids

You know...
If I suddenly stop posting ~ or responding to ??
...that means she figured it out :sign0181:

...........or I was sent to (a.k.a. hiding out in) Afghanistan again :noevil:

4.3LXJ
03-28-2013, 07:13 PM
In that case, send the vids :D

nickyg
03-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Belive me, She knows. She probbly enjoys her quite time on friday (maybe some shopping too). Women have a sixth sense about these things.
P.S If you need a place to hide out, Your welcome to come over here. How are you on ladders?

Infidel Edition
03-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Belive me, She knows. She probbly enjoys her quite time on friday (maybe some shopping too). Women have a sixth sense about these things.
P.S If you need a place to hide out, Your welcome to come over here. How are you on ladders?

Great on ladders. Don't even need a safety net ~ much :pray:
...you would think she does. But as much of a honey-do list'er as she is, there's no way she'd let me get more than an hour or two over the next three days to knock out some projects I want to do.
So I'm headed to the fed gym... then I'm going to do a chassis club ~ & start on the fuse box.
Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow.
I have to take a vacation day next week to swap the hubs before my drill road trip on Friday

:watermelon:

nickyg
03-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Great on ladders. Don't even need a safety net ~ much :pray:
...you would think she does. But as much of a honey-do list'er as she is, there's no way she'd let me get more than an hour or two over the next three days to knock out some projects I want to do.
So I'm headed to the fed gym... then I'm going to do a chassis club ~ & start on the fuse box.
Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow.
I have to take a vacation day next week to swap the hubs before my drill road trip on Friday

:watermelon:

Well, If u need a place to hide. My gabels need painting. She'll never look for u up there.
At least your working on your rig and not wasteing your time.

cantab27
03-29-2013, 03:08 PM
this is great ...........sure beats the, ill just be a couple of hours working on jeep to get home after midnight no dinner cold sholder and looks that could kill for the next couple of days.....goona try it say im working weekends ..........

denverd1
04-30-2013, 03:12 PM
So just thought I'd check on everyone. Wayne you get a free weekend out of it? Dave you still alive?

Infidel Edition
04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Not dead yet...
Now I just need to find money she don't know about.
...and I'll be good go go

Seems the more I fix, the more I find that needs fixing!