PDA

View Full Version : Used leaf springs (Northern NY)

Sterling
03-21-2013, 08:24 PM
I have a 98 XJ and my leafs spring are shot. Both main leafs are ok but I have two snapped springs. I was looking for a set of stock XJ leafs or some after market ones up to 3". I planned on lifting it anyways I just wanted to start with a decent set of leafs because I'm probably going to do a AAL system. So if you're in upstate NY I'd pick them up from you or if shipping was cheap enough I'd consider going that route. If you can help drop me a line. I'm will to pay $100 for a set of decent used leaf springs.

nickyg
03-21-2013, 09:23 PM
I just wanted to share my add a leaf experiance.

When I tow my boat the jeep would bottom out. (And it's not that big of a boat) So I added a leaf from an 98 S10 pick up. I cut it to about 30 inches. when I added it to the pack I got about an inch and a half lift. and it's stiff enough to handle my boat.

I don't know if thats the correct way to do it. But I haven't had a problem yet.

If I had to do it over I think I would get some Heavy duty springs Just because it's a little easier

4.3LXJ
03-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Best best then is to do an S10 bastard pack with the bottom three leaves of the rear S10 leaf pack and the Jeep main leaf

Blaze
03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a pair off of an 89 Cherokee. Not sure what shipping would be but I could get them to you for under $100 shipped probably. Send me your zip if you are interested.