PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor child

nateyz2000
03-21-2013, 07:42 AM
I just wanted to hear of sponsor child experiences from anyone. :)

nateyz2000
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Guess I will start! I have been sponsoring a child through compassion international for 3 years now.
God gave my wife and I a clear answer of our prayers to sponsor or not. My name is Nathaniel, my wife's name is angey. We had a compassion Sunday event at our church, and after looking at the pictures, we decided we didn't see any that stood out... One last glance, and my wife saw the name on a card "Anggie" I thought , big deal.. then I looked at the card, and the girls middle name was "nathania" at that point, we filled out the paperwork and we have been writing for 3 years. I try to write to her every Friday. She is part of our family, and we are part of hers. we have went through pain and sorrows with them, and joy and happiness. Her father past away a year ago January. The family has been strong, and we have done what we can do to help financially. They live on $100 a month... How hard is it for us to sacrifice that?
I have stacks of letters from our sponsor child and her mother. It has been an amazing experience for us , and we look forward to continuing her education through college. She is 9 years old now , and my daughter(5) has been a big part of our sponsorship. She loves her little Anggie:)

XJ Wheeler
03-23-2013, 03:18 PM
That's awesome, bud.

4.3LXJ
03-23-2013, 08:06 PM
We did something similar. We bought a goat. A goat in Africa for $200. Expensive thing. In South East Africa there are many widows and single women with children. And in that culture, women are only valued as a source of sex, babies and work. In that culture, a woman with a goat that can be milked, is a rich woman and as you can see, they go for a premium. Sour our women's ministry team raised money, went there and bought and gave goats to these unfortunate women who were widowed by the ongoing revolution no one here has even heard of.