PDA

View Full Version : 33' tire as a.....??

Cobrajay
09-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Daily driver? I wanted 32's but the tire I want doesnt come in that size. :mad: Pissed me the F off bcuz I really want that tire. Anyways, I guess i'm forced to go with a 33' tire. As of right now and for the next 6 months or so, my Jeep will be my DD. Kinda worried about gas mileage but what are you thoughts??? :rolleyes:

P.S.They are Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires

Mudderoy
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Daily driver? I wanted 32's but the tire I want doesnt come in that size. :mad: Pissed me the F off bcuz I really want that tire. Anyways, I guess i'm forced to go with a 33' tire. As of right now and for the next 6 months or so, my Jeep will be my DD. Kinda worried about gas mileage but what are you thoughts??? :rolleyes:

I had the stock Goodyear Wrangler's (factory) for many years. I think I bought 5 sets. I like the BFG 32x11.5x15 much better. I think it is a better tire.

93gc40
09-07-2009, 12:01 PM
You know your going to have to trim a little to run a 33 foot tire..

firehawk
09-07-2009, 01:33 PM
You know your going to have to trim a little to run a 33 foot tire..

I wondered if I was the only one that noticed that!:D

How much lift are you running? I've ridden in a XJ with stock gearing and it seemed to drive ok with 33's. You might need to do some trimming, and bumpstop it.

_StationWagon_
09-07-2009, 02:24 PM

Maybe if you look for your tire in metric size (318/70/15 ) or something close? I had to do that with Revos because they don't come in the size I want.

Cobrajay
09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
its a 4.5 lift