PDA

View Full Version : Rewiring and by passing heater

thatguy425
03-17-2013, 02:44 AM
So my heater stopped working I have no power what so ever no power at whole climate control no power at resister and no power anywhere no matter what settings I try idk hat happend my test lights good it reads power off my radio plug but no power at all for my climate control so I'm think of just by passing it toggle switch to the blower motor for high. Then all I have to do is pull or push my cable for the mixture hot or cold what would I need to do this or am I crazy for thinking about even doing this?? Its still cold here in pa we just got snow last night soooo tireed of it but I need heat right now any help??? Thanks

4.3LXJ
03-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Jon, you have apparently nailed it down to no power to the HVAC. So from there the first place I would go to is the power distribution center under the hood. Make sure you are getting power past the fuse or relay to the system itself. I am thinking that you may have a fuse, bad connection or something not readily visible causing this.

oderdene
03-17-2013, 07:37 PM
long ago I had a no start. checked everything and when I insert big blade fuse in PDC, I found female terminal going down along with fuse. push from under and got real good connection, no problem since then :D

skane
03-21-2013, 06:54 AM
So my heater stopped working I have no power what so ever no power at whole climate control no power at resister and no power anywhere no matter what settings I try idk hat happend my test lights good it reads power off my radio plug but no power at all for my climate control so I'm think of just by passing it toggle switch to the blower motor for high. Then all I have to do is pull or push my cable for the mixture hot or cold what would I need to do this or am I crazy for thinking about even doing this?? Its still cold here in pa we just got snow last night soooo tireed of it but I need heat right now any help??? Thanks

I am haveing the same problem with my 94 Cherokee and have no power to the fan switch at all. At this point I havent found problem either. Let me know if you come up with anything!!!:bang:

thatguy425
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM
yea let me know if u figure it as well I belave I am going to rewire everything and say screw it
I have my duaghter for the week so no time to check it out right now but keep me updated skane and
Ill inform u as well

skane
03-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Will do. I am going to work on it this weekend.

skane
03-24-2013, 04:46 AM
I fixed mine took it and traded it in for another Jeep.

thatguy425
03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Ok everyone \skane I said **** the bullcrap of running wires and stuff
Sence its still cold here in pa I took my resister out and ran a wire from my fuse block 60 I beleave is the mega fuseim using I put a toggle switch in the middle and plugged the end into my resister plug and it blows on high nice and warm then it was stuck on defrost as its deafualt which happens when there's a vacume leak I plugged the leak and my selecter works and I got hot air but u can't turn it on or off at controll unit have to use togggle switch and u can't have a low or medium speed but who cares real easy fix just buy ur self a thick gadge wire a toggle switch and run it into a high amp fuse and then plug it into resister switch