PDA

View Full Version : Hummer Off-Road Lights

JG-Man
09-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I just got these really cool looking Hummer off-road lights for free from a guy that sold me his Safari Roof rack. (I can't seem to shrink it enough to attach here so you'll have to go to my gallery to see them :hmmmm2:) They are made by Bosh but clearly say "HUMMER" across the front rubber guards. I tested them and they work! My question is: If I mount these on my Jeep XJ will it get stuck in the mud, snow & sand?:smiley-computer005:

Mudderoy
09-03-2009, 11:44 PM
I just got these really cool looking Hummer off-road lights for free from a guy that sold me his Safari Roof rack. (I can't seem to shrink it enough to attach here so you'll have to go to my gallery to see them :hmmmm2:) They are made by Bosh but clearly say "HUMMER" across the front rubber guards. I tested them and they work! My question is: If I mount these on my Jeep XJ will it get stuck in the mud, snow & sand?:smiley-computer005:

lol, get some red paint, brush a big "X" across the HUMMER and in Yellow write XJ.

You've reached your limit on the amount of image storage you can have on the server, you'll need to upload to photobucket, or someother free service and then put the IMG markers around that web address.

BlueXJ
09-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Cut that link from the cover. It looks like plastic so a pair of cutting pliers should work.

JG-Man
09-04-2009, 07:07 PM
BlueXJ is right!! Those links are soft rubber, I could easily cut the middle one off and in the process allow more light to shine out!

JG-Man
04-18-2011, 10:54 AM
I threw them on the brush bar and left the words "Hummer" on them and didn't get stuck all winter!

bluedragon436
04-18-2011, 10:59 AM
yeah, but you were pushing your luck on that... do you want to try and see how long that luck will last?! LOL..

JG-Man
04-25-2011, 10:26 PM
:boohoo:I think the lights will fail before I get stuck. They aren't very bright either, but my stock sealed beams are even less bright.
I see you live in DE. I used to live there; during the big blizzzard of 1993. I had a big-ass 1989 K-5 Blazer back then (bone stock). I had just let my roommate's brother-in-law do a routine service, just days before the storm hit. He had decided to replace the thermostat for me (truck only had somewhere between 30-45K miles). The thermostat got stuck closed so when I tried to go out in the storm and rescue some nurses at the hospital she would overheat in about 25 seconds. That's unlucky! Then as you can see from my photo galleries a tree somehow finds it's way onto my hood when I'm not even wheeling. I think I used up all the truck-bad luck by now.:boohoo:

bluedragon436
04-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah you def. have used up the bad luck there... I have done the blizzard hospital runs.. am part of a local Jeep club run DE emergency management team... this coming year I'll be even more prepared, now that I have the lift and larger tires (with tread)... now I just have to look into finding some lights, to fix the issues of the crappy factory head lights..

JG-Man
04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I am doing the same. In fact, I had asked in another thread for people to recommend or warn of bad or cheap H4 bulb conversion housings since there is such a huge price differential $20 - $100 even if they claim to be genuine "glass" vs plastic. Then again, maybe impact plastic is better than glass for a 4x4? But I figure if we had modern headlights, we wouldn't even need extra off-road lights. Modern headlights have awesome power and dispersion patterns. But these Hummer lights were free so...

You are right about being prepared. I think that is what has really been driving my last 3 4x4 set-ups (vs. actual off-roading prowess) since 9/11 since I was actually at "ground zero" that day and survived, and then was asisgned to the NY City OEM for a while thereafter (no other office to go to after mine was quaratined anyway). Did you see the pics in my album?