PDA

View Full Version : Rough Country 4.5 lift? Thoughts & Opinions Plz!

Cobrajay
09-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Anyone use one of these kits b4? A buddy of mine says RC shocks suck balls. Another buddy says they are good. I wanna hear it straight from the users please

Voldemort
09-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Great kit at a great price. I have owned several of their kits. Shocks are not the best, but the shocks should not be a deal breaker. I would 6.5!! HAHA but that is me.

Mudderoy
09-03-2009, 11:48 PM
I have the 4.5" RC. I got it with AAL, but upgraded to the full leaves later. I love mine. I guess I've had it going on 3 years now. I have no problem with RC what so ever. I did buy some nitro(?) RC shocks for the front. I have yet to put them on though.

We have a vendor that gives RC discounts, 4wheelingplus.com. Ron. I got my lift from him. Great guy to deal with.

I wanted the 6.5" at first, but I read it took a SYE kit on the transfer case before you could to that. That raised the price by about $500.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
09-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I've been happy with my lift so far and the shocks shouldn't be a deal breaker.
IIRC RE sells their kits without shocks for about 2 the price of rough country.
plus you can always upgrade whatever you think is not to your liking

Cobrajay
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Ok, lets say I ordered it. What EXTRAs will I NEED? Do I need the longer steel brake lines? Im getting mixed reviews everywhere on wether I need the SYE and Driveshaft.

Mudderoy
09-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Ok, lets say I ordered it. What EXTRAs will I NEED? Do I need the longer steel brake lines? Im getting mixed reviews everywhere on wether I need the SYE and Driveshaft.

My 4.5" Rough Country lift "from 4wheelingplus.com" had everything I needed.

1" transfer case drop (takes care of the SYE)
brake line extenders (no brake line replacement needed)

You'll need to let Ron know what rear axle you have, D35 or C8.25.

Remember 4wheelingplus.com gives a discount to xjtalk members so be sure you tell him.

okeedokee
09-05-2009, 09:39 AM
I have been running the 4.5 RC full kit for about 4years and well the shocks are a wast of money. But the full 4.5kit is a great price and a good lift but the one thing i can say to you is if you plan on using this for a lot of offroading then buy the upper adj control arms. And dont put the 1" drop kit on until you get your kit installed and you drive it to see if you got any vibs coming from the drive line/transfer case if so put it on.
I started out with 4.5 then went to 6.5 with hockey puck and shackles. And no sye kit.
And dont have any problems will driving but each rig is different when lifted. So to each is there own.

Duane
just my thoughts

Cobrajay
09-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Cool. Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate it. I'll keep you guys updated on the lift once I get it.

bassackwards
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
look at rusty's offroad they have some good stuf there