PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Mouse Trap

Sneedle Vision
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Found this on the local forum and thought it was too good of an idea not to share.

Take a 5-gallon bucket. Drill a 1/4 inch hole in either side of the rim. Get a plastic coke bottle, drill a little bit bigger hole in the lid, and one in the bottom. Run a rod thru the bucket and bottle. Be sure that the bottle spins freely. Coat the bottle with peanut butter. Lay a couple of sticks running from the floor to the rim of the bucket (I use some 1x2 about 3 or 4' long). Put a gallon or so of water in the bucket.

Mouse runs up the board, jumps over onto the bottle to get the peanut butter, spins off, fall into the water, and swims for a while. Then gets tired.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?attachments/imageuploadedbytapatalk1360954083-217038-jpg.61706

4.3LXJ
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
I like it

weasel
02-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I wonder how many ppl on here are in the shop tryn this rite now lol Hmmmmmm

Brasscatz
02-15-2013, 05:55 PM
My wife and I actually tried this a few years back. I guess the mice didn't like the Nutella, so they went for the goldfish crackers in the snap traps. Maybe next time I'll try some Vegamite ;)

xj4life2
02-15-2013, 07:44 PM
No pictures of results?? need to be sure it works we have some smart rats here lol lol

Pookapotamus
02-15-2013, 08:30 PM
if you put beer in the bottle you can catch Pookapotomi! :drinking:

Paddletrucker
03-29-2013, 03:00 PM
This is what my family has used in our tack and feed rooms of our horse barns since I was a tyke. The only difference is that we use a coat hanger instead of a rod and use tin cans instead of the plastic bottle. I think I like the bottle! Put a wrap of duct tape around the middle and use peanut butter on the bottle/cans. Works better than anything I've tried. As you can imagine, storing hundreds of pounds of horse feed in a barn can attract lots of mice, and they LOVE to chew the fleece linings off of my custom made saddles, some of which cost over a month's wages. Can't have that!

If you want to make it more effective, Put a rock in the bottom of it that just barely sticks out of the water and is just big enough for one mouse to get on. The first mouse will get on the rock. The second mouse will fight for the spot on the rock and the fight is ON! The screaming and commotion of the mice attracts more mice. Dump the bucket and start over.

JeepFreak
07-07-2013, 04:37 PM
This is what my family has used in our tack and feed rooms of our horse barns since I was a tyke. The only difference is that we use a coat hanger instead of a rod and use tin cans instead of the plastic bottle. I think I like the bottle! Put a wrap of duct tape around the middle and use peanut butter on the bottle/cans. Works better than anything I've tried. As you can imagine, storing hundreds of pounds of horse feed in a barn can attract lots of mice, and they LOVE to chew the fleece linings off of my custom made saddles, some of which cost over a month's wages. Can't have that!

If you want to make it more effective, Put a rock in the bottom of it that just barely sticks out of the water and is just big enough for one mouse to get on. The first mouse will get on the rock. The second mouse will fight for the spot on the rock and the fight is ON! The screaming and commotion of the mice attracts more mice. Dump the bucket and start over.

That is an amazing idea xDDD