PDA

View Full Version : Thrills and Spills

Dirt Dogg Rydas
09-01-2009, 11:59 PM
:eek:This thread was inspired by a redbull vid on youtube.
I (and others I'm sure) would like to hear your story of how you bit the dust not just on your jeeps but how ever it happened.
I'll start although i don't have any pics.
Just over 9 years ago i had an enduro (Yamaha TW200).
It started when I got out of work at 7:00PM. I knew i only had an hour or so of daylight, so rushed out to the local trails road around and had a good time and when the sun started setting I headed back home.But it seemed like the sun was beating me I was doing about 60mph on a rocky trail and when i was about a block away some how i hit a big boulder i didn't notice, and up up and away there i go flying through the air. i couldn't tell you how far i went but i do remember rolling through the ground and seeing the enduro coming behind me. When i could finally get up I noticed my right wrist and left elbow swollen atlest 3 times their normal size. Needless to say I couldn't pick up my bike and walked home bleeding everywhere and was taken to the hospital. My neighbor hat to go pick up my bike from where i left it.

This was the vid that brought flashbacks, although these are mountain bikes.
YouTube - New World Disorder 10 trailer - "Dust and Bones"

Melissa
09-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Ouch!!

Lets see, years back my ex-husband tried to teach me how to ride his bike (yamaha something or other) Well all I was used to was thumb throttle 4-wheelers, so getting used to the twist throttle was something really new. Lets just say I took off by myself, panicked, grabbed tighter on the throttle, couldn't remember to hit the kill switch, got off the trail, hit a stump at full throttle, went flying over the handle bars, hit the dirt face first, at that point I couldn't see anything, but I could still hear the bike, so I thought for sure the darn thing was comming to finish me off, so I crawled on my hands and knees as fast as I could around a tree to hide, my husband came running, thinking he had killed me for sure, I was fine, but the bike needed minor surgery after I got done with it, so now I just stick to thumb throttles!!

96xj
09-02-2009, 09:14 AM
:smiley-scared002::eek::eek::out::thumbsup::thumbsup:

alwaysxj
09-02-2009, 11:25 AM
wow that is pretty good. all they need is a motor on the bike and then it would be realy good.