PDA

View Full Version : One Rule

Mudderoy
02-13-2013, 09:00 AM

This doesn't come up very often, and really we haven't done a sticky, until now because it happens so infrequently.

I'm talking about the :xjtalk: staff having to censor member's posts.

I don't like listing rules, or just telling you what you can and can't do here. I mean as Jeep people we're kind of about being adventurers and going and doing things most people won't.

When we started this site we did so because so many other Jeep sites (really forums in general) allow members to be disrespectful to each other. On some sites moderator and admins are disrespectful to it's members.

Instead of raising holy hell on those sites where I saw it happening I knew I had the technically ability to put up a website and run it the way I saw fit. So I did.

No one on the xjtalk staff looks forward to editing or deleting your post. No one looks forward to the bad feelings it can cause, but we have to follow our mission statement (if you will).

Just keep in mind that if there is a way to say something in a disrespectful manner there MUST be a way to get the same message across in a respectful way. If you can't think of one then the best thing to do is wait a little while, think about it and try again later. As my old boss told me, wait 24 hours before answering that e-mail! Great advice! :D

I hope you all understand as each and every one of you are important to us here. Everyone has something of value to share, the trick is to have an environment where everyone feels comfortable sharing it.

prerunner1982
02-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Just keep in mind that if there is a way to say something in a disrespectful manner there MUST be a way to get the same message across in a respectful way. If you can't think of one then the best thing to do is wait a little while, think about it and try again later. As my old boss told me, wait 24 hours before answering that e-mail! Great advice! :D

What he is trying to say here is: Don't be a prick, think before you click.

Man I am in the wrong profession, I should write slogans. :thumbsup:

xj4life2
02-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I say we make that the XJ talk motto !!!! I like it !!!

XJ Wheeler
02-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Totally understandable, Tony. With more members comes more personality clashes.

denverd1
02-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I thought the rule was going to be about posting pics of fat asian guys drinking beer in their chonies....

But yea, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face, then don't spout off through your keyboard!

Mudderoy
02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
I thought the rule was going to be about posting pics of fat asian guys drinking beer in their chonies....

But yea, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face, then don't spout off through your keyboard!

lol Matt's idea with my personal twist.

I think everyone knows there must be more than one rule, but this one rule is the most important one, and least flexible.

msmoorenburg
02-21-2013, 07:39 AM
I was after something a little more obvious

like our old firend

http://www.inc.com/uploaded_files/image/uncle-sam_pan_14223.jpg

denverd1
02-21-2013, 01:48 PM
or
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSheLJABgAItMJzrPt8FQBQlHz7TKEMy LEKF6BFOPbUWi9YXVHx

HeartTheft
03-24-2014, 05:11 PM
So, if there was a post that say, had a naked Asian man drinking a beer, that made my coworkers ask me what I was looking at, could we, to save embarrassment, put an NSFW (Not safe for work) on sketchy posts? Would that work? Kind of a "View at own risk" filter?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Philxj4L
03-26-2014, 12:28 PM
So, if there was a post that say, had a naked Asian man drinking a beer, that made my coworkers ask me what I was looking at, could we, to save embarrassment, put an NSFW (Not safe for work) on sketchy posts? Would that work? Kind of a "View at own risk" filter?

One of the UK Jeep forums I'm registered on has a NSFW section, slight twist tho, you have to PM the admin for access, BUT, if ya bitch about anything in that section, it's assumed your a big girly, and access is removed. Works very well. :)

denverd1
03-26-2014, 02:59 PM
http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things.jpg

HeartTheft
03-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh God... Why?

denverd1
03-26-2014, 03:25 PM
cause this thread need a little weirdness

Mudderoy
03-27-2014, 04:32 AM
http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things.jpg

Not that it's important, but Denver doesn't sound Asian. :P

denverd1
03-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Thats Yosh. Yosh sounds asian'ish.

NW99XJ
03-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Thats Yosh. Yosh sounds asian'ish.

you know this is moar me than anything.....
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaLMcIi9nJhkMF4cVbRvyIYTW3USt0e n_8To9Le7_PQzhilnyIJw

4.3LXJ
03-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Ugh, now I will have nightmares.

xj4life2
03-31-2014, 11:25 AM
As usual we have taken a serious issue and turned it into a thread of overweight naked men ...... am I on the right site here ???

HeartTheft
03-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Yes, you're on the right site... ONE OF US, ONE OF US!