PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Jammed

alfayyed
08-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Hai.. I have a problem with my Jeep Cherokee Sport 1996 2.5L (Gas). My Power Steering cannot turn to left - right, too tied. Anybody can give me the suggestion to soft this problem. TQ..

NickM
08-30-2009, 01:32 PM
First two things to check are fluid level and belt tightness.
Make sure it has enough fluid and that the drive belt is not slipping.

Nick

BlueXJ
08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Are there any obstructions? If you have no obstructions and the fluid level is correct (check the dipstick) then your PS pump may be bad.

Howler_GT
08-30-2009, 08:06 PM
This MAY sound like a dumb question but...

Are you sure the steering column itself is fully unlocked?

The locking pin can get jammed causing a "no-turn" situation.

Just an idea I thought I would throw out.

alfayyed
09-01-2009, 05:46 AM
This MAY sound like a dumb question but...

Are you sure the steering column itself is fully unlocked?

The locking pin can get jammed causing a "no-turn" situation.

Just an idea I thought I would throw out.

I already check all divisions, now I already know the problem. It belongs from wind content inside pipe and pump. Now steering can turn, but new problems emerge... from pump come a sound which greatly noisy and engine will vibrate when steering in turn... what his cause?

4.3LXJ
09-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Noisy pumps are a sign of low oil or having been low on oil. If the pump is working, then that in itself is not a problem. When you say "wind" i pipes and pump, do you mean air? Put some oil in it.

alfayyed
09-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Noisy pumps are a sign of low oil or having been low on oil. If the pump is working, then that in itself is not a problem. When you say "wind" i pipes and pump, do you mean air? Put some oil in it.

I mean was air... those problems has been completed.. now was problem steering pump produce sound noisy when steering dialled. No air again in steering pump and the pipe, I already made sure. noise from pump this would engine such as wish to off... dizzy!!!

Mudderoy
09-10-2009, 07:21 AM
I mean was air... those problems has been completed.. now was problem steering pump produce sound noisy when steering dialled. No air again in steering pump and the pipe, I already made sure. noise from pump this would engine such as wish to off... dizzy!!!

Mine makes a noise when I turn it if the power steering fluid is low. If I take fast sharp turns the noise will get louder for a few minutes. I fill the fluid back to the normal level and the noise stops.

4.3LXJ
09-10-2009, 11:14 AM

if it is full and still makes noise, it just means that the metal surfaces inside are pitted a little. It may get quieter with time, or maybe not. It could be that you will have to replace the pump to get rid of the noise.