PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Petition to eliminate armed guards for politicians. 30K sigs so far

702XJCruiser
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Excellent petition I've stumbled across. I'd like to see the White House response.

We petition the Obama administration to:
Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice-President, and their families, and establish Gun Free Zones around them

Gun Free Zones are supposed to protect our children, and some politicians wish to strip us of our right to keep and bear arms. Those same politicians and their families are currently under the protection of armed Secret Service agents. If Gun Free Zones are sufficient protection for our children, then Gun Free Zones should be good enough for politicians.

Over 30K signatures so far.

http://wh.gov/Qj6a

bluedragon436
01-29-2013, 10:47 PM
I think it is a great idea.... heck even if you leave the Pres, Vice Pres and families with the guards... and take the guards away from the other politicians that are privy to that type of treatment that would be great and a huge cut in the amount of taxes spent on that... But instead they will just continue to cut mine and my brothers & sisters in arms' paychecks and equipment and allotments we have to do our jobs and for off duty activities... but I guarantee those politicians got their pay raises and armed guards, and personal cars & acft for travel whenever and where they please... all at our expense every year!!