PDA

View Full Version : mudderoy check this out

muddeprived
04-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Got a problem. I was getting instant email notifications since i joined and all of a sudden I stopped getting them. I never made any chances to my email or this account. I can't figure it out. Seems like history is repeating itself (Cherokeetalk). :(

Mudderoy
04-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Got a problem. I was getting instant email notifications since i joined and all of a sudden I stopped getting them. I never made any chances to my email or this account. I can't figure it out. Seems like history is repeating itself (Cherokeetalk). :(

I just sent you two test e-mails.

Mudderoy
04-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Apr 4 00:40:30 ns1 nss_wins[9718]: n345eRcu009715: to=<[email protected]>, delay=00:00:02, xdelay=00:00:02, mailer=esmtp, pri=121471, relay=mx2.xxxxxxxx.net. [nn.nn.nn.nn], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (bHgW1b00l01SdxN0KHgWBs mail accepted for delivery)

Checking the log they all look like this.

The highlighted part means your ISP accepted them.

Mudderoy
04-05-2009, 12:04 AM

I've been monitoring the e-mail server. 3 more e-mails have gone out to you. One at 21:03, 21:07 and 21:23 (Central Time)

All three were accepted for delivery by your ISP.

Still not getting them?

muddeprived
04-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah I got em on my pda while at work. That was weird cuz I wasn't getting anything for two days and now I am.

Now why can't CT fix their issue with instant notifications? They never did figure it out.

Thanks for looking into this ;)

Mudderoy
04-05-2009, 01:34 AM
There are many things that can cause issues. I went as far as I could go checking on my end. I just go to the e-mail server log and look to see if it was handed off to your ISP. From there the ISP could have a problem. They could have implemented some new spam filter, or even user control spam filter could be the culprit. So many things.

Why can't CT fix theres? I don't know. I'd have to have more technical details before I could even venture a guess.

I can tell you this, I wasn't receiving them because my spam filter on my e-mail server was rejecting them. When their server sends out an e-mail the FROM e-mail address is invalid. My anti-spam software sees this as a classic spammer diversion and rejects the e-mail. I had to go in a put a specific filter in so my e-mail server would accept CT's e-mails.

I get my instant notifications now. :D

Mudderoy
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Are the e-mail notifications back to normal now?

muddeprived
04-05-2009, 10:31 PM
sir yes sir!