PDA

View Full Version : The XJ Experiences

OMC OFFROAD
12-21-2012, 04:36 PM
We are putting together The XJ Experiences. 5 days 5 trails on the Rubicon and surrounding trails. This is and XJ only event applications will ready in February for this run. Here are some of the minmum requirements to attend this run. 33" Tires, Winch, Recovery Gear, Rear Locker, Rock Sliders, Body Armor, Spare tire, Current Tags, Current Green Stickers for trailer queens, Current Insurance, First Aid kit, and all common things found in long trail runs. Also photos will be required with application and we will have a tech inspection. Sponsors we have so far at this time are CORVA, OMC OFFROAD, Ventura Off Road Show and many more to come. you can e-mail [email protected] with questions on run and to send your application in. You can also follow up-date here and on facebook under The XJ Experiences
Vehicles Preparations

This information is intended to give the reader an
idea of what type of vehicle is needed to run the
Rubicon Trail. These are recommendations only; it
is up to you to be safe and thoughtful when using
the trail.

If you have the driving skills, a brand new stock
Wrangler can be driven through the Rubicon, taking
the bypasses. Most people should expect sheet metal
damage, at a minimum. Larger tires (33”), a lift kit
(3”), body protection (rocker guards) and a locking
or limited slip differential should be considered to
prevent damage.

Vehicle accessories you should consider:

* Hand tools
* Spare parts
* A spare tire
* Onboard welder
* A fire extinguisher
* A Winch rated at roughly twice your vehicle’s weight, preferably equipped with synthetic
rope
* Extrication hardware (tree strap, clevis,
dowels, chain, etc.)
* A tow strap
* Work gloves
* A Hi-lift jack
* Adequate attachment points for towing (tow hooks!)
* A roll cage
* High quality seat belts
* A functional parking brake or Line Lock device

Remember to maintain your vehicle prior to coming
to the trail! Poorly maintained vehicles leak, are
unsafe, and tend to break down, ruining your trip
for you and your group.

Vehicle Licensing

It is legal to drive any street licensed vehicle from any US state on the Rubicon Trail.

Green sticker requirements
Any non-street legal vehicles needs to have a green sticker and spark arrestor in place to run the
Rubicon Trail. For details, see http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr16.htm

Conditions and restrictions
The Rubicon Trail is a county claimed public road in both El Dorado and Placer Counties.
All vehicle codes still apply. All county laws and restrictions are still enforced.

Review all restrictions and conditions.

prerunner1982
12-21-2012, 04:39 PM
man talk about deja vu.....

OMC OFFROAD
12-21-2012, 08:49 PM
man talk about deja vu.....

???

prerunner1982
12-21-2012, 09:35 PM
When I first saw the title of this thread show up I had a case of deja vu.... thought that I had seen you post a thread with this exact title before. ;)

Just being stupid man..... I know this thread has more info and such. Just ignore me. :p

OMC OFFROAD
12-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Ah no worries man... :rotfl2: