PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control

Melissa
04-03-2009, 06:28 PM
:driving:Went over to the Oregon coast this past week and I had a minor problem with my cruise control. I would turn on the cruise and everytime I hit a small bump or big bump it would shut off. This is the first time it has ever done this. Any ideas as to what is going on?

I thought maybe my brake pedal is loose and when I am hitting the bumps with the cruise on the brake is moving and turning off the cruise :confused: Am I way off base, can a brake pedal even become loose?

Mudderoy
04-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Did the indicator on the dash turn off, or the crusie just disengage (like when you hit the brake petal)?

The petal probably isn't loose, but the switch that gets depressed when you step on the brake may be. Or it could just be out of adjustment.

You may just need to adjust it.

Melissa
04-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Did the indicator on the dash turn off, or the crusie just disengage (like when you hit the brake petal)?

The petal probably isn't loose, but the switch that gets depressed when you step on the brake may be. Or it could just be out of adjustment.

You may just need to adjust it.

I dont have a indicator on the dash, but yes it just disengaged like when you step on the brake.

Mudderoy
04-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I dunno. Check the brake light switch first, that's easy and cheap.

DETOURS
04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
A good bump could jar yer brake indicator.....also typically works off vacume, get back in there and check your lines....