PDA

View Full Version : E-mail scam with a twist...

Mudderoy
08-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Dear Friend, I know you would be surprised to read from someone relatively unknown to you before now. My name is Tony, a master Sgt. of The U.S. Army, deployed to Iraq in the beginning of the war in 2003.I would like to share some highly personal classified information about my personal experience and role which I played in the pursuit of my career serving under the U.S ARMY which was at the fore-front of the war in Iraq. Though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons for now until you have found time to visit the BBC website stated below to enable you have insight regarding what I intend to share with you, believing that it would be of your desired interest in one way or the other. Here is a BBC news listing that confirms what I want to share with you http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm Also, could you get back to me having visited the above website to enable us discuss in a more vivid manner to the best of your understanding. I must say that I'm very uncomfortable sending this message to you without knowing truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decide to go public. In this regards, I will not hold back to say that the essence of this letter is strictly for mutual benefit of you and I and nothing more. I will be more vivid and coherent in my next email in this regards. Meanwhile, could you send me a mail confirming you have visited the site and understood my intentions? Am standing by for your response. Yours faithfully, Sgt. Tony Benson

I think the website is legit but view it at your own risk.

Anyway the BBC story is about a $100 million stash in Iraq found by US soldiers. So if you put two and two together you get that this guy, supposedly, is wanting "my" help in getting the money into the US. I'm sure I'll get a fair fee, something like 2 million dollars! lol

Wow as much effort as this scam took, he could make more writting a book.

Howler_GT
08-21-2009, 04:22 PM
BACK OFF THERE MUDDEROY!!!

That money belongs to me and the Sgt.

GOT IT!?!

Me and the Sgt have worked TOO hard to get to this point.
We don't need you sticking your nose into a deal that is none of your business.
Kapish?

J/K of course. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

ol"blue
08-21-2009, 04:23 PM
DON"T click on the link. JMO http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/osama.gif
You want to give them an access, go ahead. I don't trust arse holes anymore.

Mudderoy
08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
DON"T click on the link. JMO http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/osama.gif
You want to give them an access, go ahead. I don't trust arse holes anymore.

I went there and read the story. It really is a BBC News story.

Melissa
08-21-2009, 11:14 PM
I do not read any e-mail that is not connected to my contacts, I think alot of what I recieve is legit, but I won't take the chance.

I have probably turned away alot of potiental buyers from CL, but when I recieve a e-mail asking if I still have this item, I automaticly ignore the e-mail and mark it as spam. I'd much rather error on the side of caution.