PDA

View Full Version : "Chloe"

XjMudder
11-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Title is odd for this post, but thats her name. Got an Xj 4x4. plain as day and only different thing to her is she has 29x15x7 shoes. looking forward to get some 33x10x? rim size and 3" Rc lift. pics will be posted when build/customization starts

XJ Wheeler
11-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Well... get on with it.:p What kind of rig do you want her to become?

XjMudder
11-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Plans for the jeep:
Build and install roofrack
Rattle can bedliner for door protection
Slashing marks on driver and passenger doors (going to RED RATTLE)
30 or 31 inch mudders
3" RC Lift
Name is gonna change to MONSTER

Jeeps gonna be done more for a individual feel, i dont like vehicles that appear to just roll of the line, want more of a "This is MY jeep" look.

XjMudder
11-18-2012, 10:29 AM
I have a quick question. Most people, when customizing their xj tend to get lifts and bigger tires, does the gas mileage drop a bit or alot?:out:

4x4Dalton
11-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Gas mileage will drop a lil but not much with a 3 inch lift. Now you may have to trim fenders a small amount going to 33's. Cool you are building a roof rack hope to see pics man. I made my own as well

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app :)

4.3LXJ
11-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Tires and lift do affect gas milage. However a 3" lift is not bad

XjMudder
11-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Gas mileage will drop a lil but not much with a 3 inch lift. Now you may have to trim fenders a small amount going to 33's. Cool you are building a roof rack hope to see pics man. I made my own as well

i actually am building a roofrack from another user's idea. not entirely certain who, but its done without welding. looked cool and found to be cheaper than morris4x4.com

Brasscatz
11-18-2012, 03:19 PM
i actually am building a roofrack from another user's idea. not entirely certain who, but its done without welding. looked cool and found to be cheaper than morris4x4.com

Me thinks you were taking to said pioneer - 4x4dalton! He did a great write up on that rack and I plan on making one myself!

XjMudder
11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
if he used 6 5' rods, 8 90 degree bends, some screws and bolts and bolted it onto his ski rack then it was his. had quite a few pics on that post. :out:

And to report on the jeep project, it has came to a halt. right now is more for the small interior/exterior changes such as installing new fog lights on the front bumper. I wanted to get the lift done first so i can have an idea for tire/wheel size, but unfortunately prices for lift and install are not what im looking forward to. I'll probably get the jeep more towards the "stand out" stage and to get all of the extra and expensive parts done during the summer when work skyrockets.

Was not expecting the build/customization to be this hard, but as far as i can see, its gonna be awhile. ill post some pics when the work on the jeep begins.

Updated Plan for the MONSTER:
Rattle Can around the jeep, bout half way up the doors (Bedliner)
Scratch Marks on front two doors (Red Rattle) {Give the idea of why its called MONSTER}
MONSTER sticker letters on front windshield, bout brow level in GOTHIC
Purchase and Install the fog lights
New Tires and Wheels
Possibly a Lift (Long Story)
New Speakers for doors and cab
Flag (White pole with lil orange flag, one they require for when u go to mudding comps or events)
Install a hitch
Arrow Antennae
Spare tire Rack and Jerrry Can Space

Majority will have to be purchased unless i get URLs for custom building some parts. i would like no to barely any welding. dont have much access to a welder and can be pricy at times. Other than that, this will be my DD.
:D

4x4Dalton
11-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Lol mine was done without welding also. Used 3/4 conduit to make it.

XjMudder
11-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Lol mine was done without welding also. Used 3/4 conduit to make it.

That was more than likely it. i liked how it was built, very simple design. I was more concerned about the fact of how much weight can be put on it

4x4Dalton
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I have a 32 on it fully aired up sittin on 3 cross bars no prob. You could add more weight to it. Plus I have a jack bolted to the side of it.

XjMudder
11-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Awesome, yea i was looking into building my own "off your idea." Thanks byw.

Jeep Build update: No work has been started, audio idea has been updated tho

12" in the back, twitters in the front, 245 amp, and subs in the middle in headliner. got a buddy that has a 98 Xj that has these, sounds great. stock audio sucks and needs to be changed out for new ones.:bang:

XjMudder
11-20-2012, 10:47 AM
I have a 32 on it fully aired up sittin on 3 cross bars no prob. You could add more weight to it. Plus I have a jack bolted to the side of it.

Hey Bear, I found the roof rack post that you did. I was looking for the pics to get a rough idea for how to build it.

4x4Dalton
11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Cool bro hope it helps ya out. I did make a change to it. To mount it to the rails I bought a pk of the 3/4 wall hangers for conduit. Turn them so they fit over rack bars and drill into rails thru bolt hole then bolt it together. It ain't movin lol

XjMudder
11-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Well, this is a rather disappointing post. Lift and tires arent a possibililty for awhile. Xj is gettin new sound for christmas. MONSTER is gonna be ready for some "light" off roading this summer. :D

XJ Wheeler
11-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Hey, new sounds not a bad thing. Just more time to plan and make sure ya get it right.

XjMudder
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Im thinking bout making MONSTER more Loud with his rumble. Sound is gonna be more bass. Im not lookin for blasting the windows out, but better sound for the music. gets kinda old for saying all these ideas and hardly any of them can be started. :bang::bang:

BlueXJ
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
You do a good job of explaining what the plans are for "Monster" but I am very visually oriented so pics or drawings would help me alot.

XjMudder
11-27-2012, 11:00 AM
These are my ideas in picture form. i did take these off of google. however some of the parts of the pictures are not entirely accurate.

4x4Dalton
11-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Ya forgot the pic of my roof rack lol

XjMudder
11-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Ya forgot the pic of my roof rack lol

the roof rack is on one of the pics i posted, just not urs. i will build my roof rack like bears, but i need some time before i can build. getting colder outside and i dont have a workshop. :bang:

4.3LXJ
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM
the roof rack is on one of the pics i posted, just not urs. i will build my roof rack like bears, but i need some time before i can build. getting colder outside and i dont have a workshop. :bang:

That is what the living room is for :D

4x4Dalton
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM
That is what the living room is for :D

And then wash the parts off in the tub :D

XjMudder
11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
HAhahaha. ::smiley-computer005:
Besides the rood rack will be done/started in the spring. :bang:
The audio should be done within a week or two. pics will be posted. looking forward to the new sounds :D
tint and name should be done within this coming month (If i can find a reasonable price for them to be put on):pray:

xj4life2
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
And then wash the parts off in the tub :D

You laugh but I know Bear , He's serious !!!!

4x4Dalton
11-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Who was it that set their livin room carpet on fire?

msmoorenburg
11-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Who was it that set their livin room carpet on fire?

it was you that did the burnout

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/Flyingdutchman66/Warrior/burnout.jpg

4x4Dalton
11-28-2012, 04:13 PM
:D ya won't supposed to tell everyone. Man, get drunk one time and look what I do :)

XjMudder
11-29-2012, 11:18 AM
::
:D ya won't supposed to tell everyone. Man, get drunk one time and look what I do :)

smiley-computer005

LOL. Im pretty certain that my ma wouldnt like the carpet bein on fire. LOL
Anyways, i found a buddy of mine that could tac the roof rack for extra stability. :D

4x4Dalton
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Shoot bro ask anyone that's seen it. It's sturdy as all get out. I'm glad ya like the idea enough to make one to. Does my ole self good to see someone like a idea this ole boy had. Told them all when I made it....see what happens when ya give a redneck a credit card :D

XjMudder
11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Shoot bro ask anyone that's seen it. It's sturdy as all get out. I'm glad ya like the idea enough to make one to. Does my ole self good to see someone like a idea this ole boy had. Told them all when I made it....see what happens when ya give a redneck a credit card :D

I know that feeling. MONSTERs getting a little grouchy when he doesnt go mudding. gonna have to go and take him for a mud bath.
Oh, and bear, i was look at getting it taced because ive heard they can hold up to 400lbs on road and 150 off. im gonna have all kinds of "tools" on that thing.

4x4Dalton
11-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah I had thought of addin a few more up there myself. Just gotta figure out where lol

XjMudder
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
MONSTER: work hasnt started, but i did do some little changes. basic stuff like check brake lines and made sure all the "liquids" are good. just hoping that "santa" aka PARENTS, get me some goodies for the jeep. wanting to start some work on it, but every step seems to go back rather than forward:pray:

XjMudder
12-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Been awhile since i posted on this thread. no major work has been started. I have bought a few ammo cans to get an emergency kit together. I found a cheap od green field case. figured the plastic would float better and keep water out for the first aid kit. not much, but better to be safe than sorry for when i go off-roading with friends.
:driving:

XjMudder
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Well, I hope every body had a great X-mas and New year so far.

Update: Monster hasnt had any new additions (mechanically wise), but the folks did get me a new interior stuff. i was hoping for a more interesting post on here, but didnt turn out as i hoped. Been looking around for another Jeep, but as an XJ, im liking mine. Now im on the hunt for a Tj, i kno, sad, but i like the ruggedness of them and will suit my off-road needs and a younger brother. lol

XjMudder
01-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Needing a little assistance with removing the trim. Any ideas would be appreciated without messing up the paint. Thanks

XjMudder
01-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Update: No work hs been done. Kinda sucks that im not giving more info or updates as i had hoped.

Went city mudding last nite (large pot holes and mud) but for some odd reason, i started to hear a little squeak from one of my tires, it did it for a second then stopped when i started driving again. Im not sure if it was the shocks or springs or the tire itself. i know that my shocks/springs are due for new ones, but im not sure. :out:

Mudderoy
01-31-2013, 09:25 AM
Update: No work hs been done. Kinda sucks that im not giving more info or updates as i had hoped.

Went city mudding last nite (large pot holes and mud) but for some odd reason, i started to hear a little squeak from one of my tires, it did it for a second then stopped when i started driving again. Im not sure if it was the shocks or springs or the tire itself. i know that my shocks/springs are due for new ones, but im not sure. :out:

I wonder if it could be a wheel bearing. Was it from the front or the back?

xj4life2
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Just as a check look at the backing plates, just had a veh in here that had a noise from the front after mudding, turned out he had bent the backing plates and they would periodically hit the rotor. We bent them out a little and all was fine.Could be an easy fix for ya.

XjMudder
02-05-2013, 08:42 AM
The weird thing is that, it only did the little squeak once. hasnt done that since i went mudding. I checked everything the next morning. those shocks and springs are pretty rusty and im not always having my tires flex as much as they did when i went mudding. But i will keep an eye on it. thanks:D

XjMudder
02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
I wonder if it could be a wheel bearing. Was it from the front or the back?

i heard it from my left front. i checked my belts and they are all good. and nothing is bent. im just wondering if it squeaked because of the pot holes. i wasnt certain how deep they were but there was alot of rain water in them. was enough to wet the tires enough to get mud spraying all over the wheel wells. good thing was that i didnt need the 4x4 at all. funny thing also was my buddy rode thru the same area and got stuck in his Chevy. Im running stock and didnt get stuck and just rolled on thru in 2wd:p

4.3LXJ
02-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Score one for Jeep

XjMudder
02-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Score one for Jeep

jEEP--> :mock: <--cHEVY

Its always fun to keep a jeep in 2wd and blaze through the the mud and not get stuck. WIth an early spring, im hoping that me and monster will be able to go out and do some mudding and possible trail riding

XjMudder
04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Just as a check look at the backing plates, just had a veh in here that had a noise from the front after mudding, turned out he had bent the backing plates and they would periodically hit the rotor. We bent them out a little and all was fine.Could be an easy fix for ya.

Well i figured out what was wrong with the jeep. turns out that one of my belts was dry and needed to be sprayed with some wd40 a couple times each day and fixed the squeaking.

XjMudder
02-19-2014, 12:17 AM
Well guys, I haven't been on in awhile. Hope everyone had a great new year start. As an update to my "Chloe" or "Monster" xj update, all progress has been stopped. I recently got a new ram, so the xj is now not my dd. However she will be a trail rig once the brother is finished having it.