PDA

View Full Version : my 01 xj deal

01xjcny
11-08-2012, 08:54 PM
I have had this xj for almost a year now got it with 80,xxx on it now have 85000. No rust to speak of and trail ready. Went down to maryland to get it bought it off a high school buddy who got it from his friend who serviced it at a shop. This guy which worked at the shop i also know bought the jeep from a older man that was getting a divorce and wanted to just get some cash. Came with all receipts and manuals. Well this is what is done to it......

Suspension / Wheels & Tires –
Rubicon 4.5” Superflex Suspension Kit w/ rear leaf springs
Rubicon adjustable track bar
Currectlync Heavy Duty Tie Rod & Drag link assembly
Rubicon sway bar disconnects
5 x Mickey Thompson 15”Classic Lock Wheels - Silver
5 x BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A K2
Other misc suspension, steering, and braces

Axles –
Auburn Gear ECTED electronic locking differentials – Front and Rear
Warn Differential Skid Plate – Rear
Mile Marker Manual hubs – Front

Engine –
K&N Intake System
Banks Torque Tube Header
Banks Exhaust
Rubicon Throttle Body
Optima yello Top Battery
Powermaster High Torque Starter
Powermaster Alternator

Transmission – (20k miles on new trans set up, Have ticket from a transmission shop for over $6,000)
New transmission with performance converter and valve body
Remote Transmission cooler
Transfer Case Overhauled

Interior –
Husky Liners floor mats front and rear, cargo area
Mastercraft Baja RS adjustable seats
Sony head unit

Exterior –
Warn Front Bumper
Warn Rear Bumper with Swing Arm Tire Carrier
Warn Power Plant Winch with built in air compressor
PIAA Fog Lights
Wheel wells and entire undercarriage Rhino Lined
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Thule Roof Rack w/ bicycle attachments
Rear Towing Hitch

this was the add he had on facebook so i bought it. I am looking to do about 1k a year in upgrades.My upgrade this year is going to be a dual battery the winch killed the yellow top on a trip so i no longer have that. Needs a cb radio and maybe a roof rack and need some hood vents and need some rock sliders. Plans always changing every time i take it out i am sure i will find what it needs. Have taken it out on three outings so far

in the future i would like long arms and maybe 2 more inches of lift but that's down the road

4.3LXJ
11-08-2012, 08:58 PM
That is already an impressive list

01xjcny
11-08-2012, 09:06 PM
already have the second battery to use just need info on what i need to wire it up. Its a die hard platinum 1150 cca deep cycle dont think it will fit under the hood

4.3LXJ
11-08-2012, 09:07 PM
This has all the bells and whistles, but you can leave off what you want.

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1904

XJ Wheeler
11-08-2012, 10:57 PM
How's the ride quality? I have the same lift and mine's quite harsh. Wondering if its just mine.

01xjcny
11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
well it is a little rough i guess but all and all does good. this is my first one and have not had a chance to ride in another. Now going down the highway its good no shakes and can do 80 and you dont even know it except for the gas gauge

XJ Wheeler
11-09-2012, 03:58 PM
well it is a little rough i guess but all and all does good. this is my first one and have not had a chance to ride in another. Now going down the highway its good no shakes and can do 80 and you dont even know it except for the gas gauge

Thanks. Yeah, mines stable and all just feels like it too stiff and wants to wonder. My brothers '90 has a 3" and feels like a cadillac in comparison.

4.3LXJ
11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Shocks make a big difference on these

XJ Wheeler
11-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Shocks make a big difference on these

One day i took off all the shocks and drove around the neighborhood. It did help some but still had a fair bit of stiffness. I'd like to get a set of bilsteins, just isn't in the budget right now though.