OrangeXJ
11-07-2012, 07:20 AM
:bang::bang::bang:

4.3LXJ
11-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Another four years of no hope and too much change

bluedragon436
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Another four years of seeing my already small pay checks getting smaller!!!

BlueXJ
11-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Look on the bright side............................................oh there isn't one.

Brasscatz
11-07-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm getting so tired of people saying ”hooray for gay rights” and ”hooray for healthcare” now that Obama has won. Tell me something... If Obama was so in favor of gay rights, why hasn't he already passed a bill allowing gay marriage in the u.s.? Why is healthcare saved when our healthcare system will go to hell? If he is so in favor of illegal immigration, why hasn't he opened the borders and made everybody a citizen? If he is so in favor of.... This list can go on and on.

There are too many emotions going through, me right now. I suppose that I'm more upset at HOW he won, than anything. People should not be allowed to vote on color, or anything less than an educated reason.

New law proposal: when voting, each individual should be asked WHY they are voting for their candidate, and if a reason is anything less than educated, their vote shall be revoked until they educate themselves.

LizardRunner
11-07-2012, 11:27 AM
The Appathy of the American Voters has spoken yet again. Let us not forget that it is The Congress that passes the Bills into Laws, not the president. With the current crop of same old same old members of Congress, Anarchy or Martial Law can't be that far away.

Mudderoy
11-07-2012, 12:04 PM
From this day forward I will think of the democratic party as the party of revenge.

vincer20
11-07-2012, 07:40 PM
People should not be allowed to vote on color, or anything less than an educated reason.
Lets not forget this very well went in both parties favor.

New law proposal: when voting, each individual should be asked WHY they are voting for their candidate, and if a reason is anything less than educated, their vote shall be revoked until they educate themselves.

Who would be in charge of determining whether the reason was educated?

I'm very new to the whole politic thing, but took the first step in reading the constitution and the amendments. Until Americans read and start to understand the constitution we will all be pawns, regardless of who the president is.

Brasscatz
11-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Lets not forget this very well went in both parties favor.

Who would be in charge of determining whether the reason was educated?

I'm very new to the whole politic thing, but took the first step in reading the constitution and the amendments. Until Americans read and start to understand the constitution we will all be pawns, regardless of who the president is.

My post was mainly just a frustrated rant because I feel this is the only forum in which I can give such a rant without being flamed.

That being said, YES, both parties need to vote blind of color. I just hear so much of "I voted for him because he's black" (well, 1/2 black). I very rarely hear about the other side of the stick saying that they didn't because he is. Probably only 1 or 2 times total and those were idiots on the radio. Long story short... we need to get over color all together.

To answer the question of who would be in charge of determining whether the reason is educated or not?... you hire somebody. Just created jobs right there ;) Again, this is all just part of a rant. Obviously, this would go against our rights as Americans.... just like a lot of the laws already in effect anyways.

Fellas, nobody should take offense to my previous rant post. This is why I NEVER talk politics with ANYONE. It's a very sensitive subject for most and on those few occasions that I do rant about it, I may not make a lot of sense, but I'm getting feelings out. This will probably be my last post in this thread ;)

vincer20
11-08-2012, 06:13 PM
just busting youre balls bro.

Dredwolf
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Rant on:

I voted for the other guy the last time, then lost my job in 2008, right before Thanksgiving...and right after finding out my wife had uterine cancer.

It was not the economy, it was the new CIO making room to bring in favorites who lost their jobs earlier in '08. She gutted all the "old" senior and middle management.

So Obama gets elected, and COBRA was over $1300/month...unemployment worked out to $1312/month. Got the brickwall from the insurance company on trying to reduce some coverage (dental, vision, deductible, SOMETHING) to make it where I could lower that $1300, no change was possible.

I was asked to help with a commercial. More on that mess:
http://dredwolf.blogspot.com/2009/07/trying-to-use-up-my-15-minutes-of-fame.html
I got called names for making that commercial...no political affiliation was ever mentioned beforehand...but it was assumed after. My daughter appeared on Nickelodeon about the economy and kids.

So I applied for the assistance the new guy made available, and the "no preexisting" coverage opportunity for my wife...only to find out I had to have $5000 UP FRONT before the assistance would be available, because of previous salary numbers on record (a 5 figure salary less than $65K was excessive, apparently).

I went to work in a salvage yard and did anything I could to put food on the table and pay the mortgage, and watched my savings and 401K get gutted, and the house and farm fall into disrepair. ZERO luck on a loan modification, of course. Eventually, that path took me overseas into OEF and I repaired some of the financial damage before finding work at home. I clawed my own :sign0055: way out of that mess, even though I asked for help, and had paid into the system since I held my first job. And before you think I brought home riches from overseas, I paid well over my former salary in taxes each year, since with a family at home, I could not stay OCONUS for 330 days a year.

Yeah, I am bitter. But I love my country.:patriot:and my family. But the sheer stupidity of people (including my ne're do well oldest son who rides on the system) astounds me.

Rant off:

MuddinBo
11-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Wat happened to a ONE TERM presidency if the economy DIDNT get turned around?

vincer20
11-15-2012, 06:59 PM
the economy actually did turn around, just hasn't been fast enough for most.

4.3LXJ
11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Christmas rush doesn't count. Also Obumer was using part time employment as "proof" things were getting better.

saar
11-17-2012, 05:51 AM
Look on the bright side............................................oh there isn't one.

So true, in so many places....
I don't know about your parties, I know here it is pretty much the same.
We got a "mini-war" for the election (not that it shouldn't happen long time ago with all of those missiles we got on daily basis), but the timing is pretty poor...

So we feel pretty much the same...

4.3LXJ
11-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Stay safe over there Saar

saar
11-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Stay safe over there Saar

My son counts the booms of the anti-rockets missiles, we hear them well, so far we are fine...
I hope it will be over soon, for both sides of that war.

BlueXJ
11-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Please know you are in my prayers everyday.

gajeepguy
11-17-2012, 10:03 PM
I just want to add to this thread a little. Yes, we are screwed. But it's not just Obama's fault.

Georgia Republican Paul Broun ran unopposed for his seat this election, as well as serving on the Science and Technology committee and was quoted saying:

"God's word is true," Broun said, according to a video posted on the church's website. "I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

Broun also said that he believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old and that it was made in six days. Those beliefs are held by fundamentalist Christians who believe the creation accounts in the Bible are literally true.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82108.html#ixzz2CXkuR3d8

lol these are the poeple making decisions for our country people! I mean everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs but I mean cmon...

XJ Wheeler
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
I just want to add to this thread a little. Yes, we are screwed. But it's not just Obama's fault.

Georgia Republican Paul Broun ran unopposed for his seat this election, as well as serving on the Science and Technology committee and was quoted saying:

"God's word is true," Broun said, according to a video posted on the church's website. "I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

Broun also said that he believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old and that it was made in six days. Those beliefs are held by fundamentalist Christians who believe the creation accounts in the Bible are literally true.

lol these are the poeple making decisions for our country people! I mean everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs but I mean cmon...

Sounds like a smart fella to me.

Mudderoy
11-18-2012, 12:56 AM

I don't like it when people discount evidence. I'm what they would have called a "fence straddler" in Sunday school. I believe in God, and the Bible, but I also believe in science. Not 100% because science is a discovery and just because they think they know something today, doesn't mean they will know it later. It will change as more evidence is gathered.

Personally I believe science only supports what is in the Bible, and the things that don't match up will as I understanding increases. A 9,000 year old Earth is really out there, but is that translation error, a misunderstanding of the measurement of time, I don't know.

I'm not going to discount the Bible simply because that doesn't add up, who knows that might be there simply to test faith. ;)

Oh and I'll add, I rather a Christian make laws and govern me through the teachings of the Bible, a God of love and a religion you can criticize without fear of being put to death, than someone with no moral compass that is likely to have an affair in the Whitehouse, or leave American's in an embassy to die. Yep Christians make mistakes to, but they answer to a higher power.

gajeepguy
11-18-2012, 09:21 AM
AKA the lesser evil principal. :-)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Mudderoy
11-18-2012, 11:47 AM
AKA the lesser evil principal. :-)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I think that is all you can hope for in a politician. I mean unless it's YOU that was elected and is in charge. :D

RVXJ
12-03-2012, 10:07 PM
The government has no business sticking it's hands in healthcare or anything else that is not in the Constiution!!!! If I misspelled it I apologize!

Dredwolf
12-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I think that is all you can hope for in a politician. I mean unless it's YOU that was elected and is in charge. :D

At this point, I'd vote for my cat, his sense of self-preservation and a politician's is pretty close.

Least my cat knows who controls putting food in the food bowl. :crazy:

XJ Wheeler
12-04-2012, 12:53 AM
At this point, I'd vote for my cat, his sense of self-preservation and a politician's is pretty close.

Least my cat knows who controls putting food in the food bowl. :crazy:

And covers his :turd: better than most of these :crazy:

ArmyGuy45
12-17-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm getting so tired of people saying ”hooray for gay rights” and ”hooray for healthcare” now that Obama has won. Tell me something... If Obama was so in favor of gay rights, why hasn't he already passed a bill allowing gay marriage in the u.s.? Why is healthcare saved when our healthcare system will go to hell? If he is so in favor of illegal immigration, why hasn't he opened the borders and made everybody a citizen? If he is so in favor of.... This list can go on and on.

There are too many emotions going through, me right now. I suppose that I'm more upset at HOW he won, than anything. People should not be allowed to vote on color, or anything less than an educated reason.

Who cares about spending and killing the Constitution, its all about gay rights and abortions. Those are the issues that really matter.:out::crazy: