PDA

View Full Version : XJ Talk screensaver/desktop background

Joliet Johnny
10-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Im new to Windows 7 and just figured out you can make the desktop background change what pictures it shows. I think we need a downloadable collection of XJ pics that some can use as a desktop background and some can use as a screen saver. I also think we could add it to popular wallpaper and screensaver sites and pull people here who like Jeep Cherokees.

Here is what I want from everybody.
1. A downloadable XJTALK.com graphic to add to the corner of each picture. Well Tony may have this already?
2. I would like a picture of a stock XJ from every year every sub-model
3. Pics of XJs doing what they do best
4. Pics of various components that make up our beloved XJ
5. I would prefer all pics not to have license plates in them.
6. I think it would be great if you put your XJTALK screen name somewhere in the pic.
7. I think it would be really cool if we could build a contest around making this screensaver/background.
8. I think it would be best for this site if we didnt steal copyrighted pics to create this.

bluedragon436
11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey I think this would be great, but I got a question about your #3 above... My XJ is best at emptying my wallet, so can I take a pic of my empty wallet and send that in with the other required items?? LOL... Nah, but seriously I think this would be something that would be pretty cool to have as an option to show your love of XJ's and the parts that make the better wheelers on your home or even possibly your office computer...

Brasscatz
11-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Nice idea! Do you want us to just post up in here?

Mudderoy
11-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Im new to Windows 7 and just figured out you can make the desktop background change what pictures it shows. I think we need a downloadable collection of XJ pics that some can use as a desktop background and some can use as a screen saver. I also think we could add it to popular wallpaper and screensaver sites and pull people here who like Jeep Cherokees.

Here is what I want from everybody.
1. A downloadable XJTALK.com graphic to add to the corner of each picture. Well Tony may have this already?
2. I would like a picture of a stock XJ from every year every sub-model
3. Pics of XJs doing what they do best
4. Pics of various components that make up our beloved XJ
5. I would prefer all pics not to have license plates in them.
6. I think it would be great if you put your XJTALK screen name somewhere in the pic.
7. I think it would be really cool if we could build a contest around making this screensaver/background.
8. I think it would be best for this site if we didnt steal copyrighted pics to create this.

This is one of those great ideas until you start getting down to it. I say great, because I've had the same idea. :D

Here's the problem, at least as I see it. The quality of the image. For example, grab one of the pictures that we have on the site. You can save it to your hard drive and then put it up as a wall paper.

If you have a 1900x1080 monitor like I have then you might be a little disappointed in the quality of the picture because basically it's now 10 times bigger than it was intended to be viewed.

The best resolution would be to take the picture at 1900x1080, that's a huge picture and can take up a lot of disk space. You can play with the DPI and png, gif, or jpg compression to reduce the file size.

The hardest part is to find the high quality image.

Most smart phones can take a good enough quality picture, but now it means that you have to upload them somewhere so someone can modify them for various screen sizes, 4:3, 16:9, 16:10.

Beyond all that it needs to be interesting, which is the artistic part. That's the part I lack the most in. :D

Joliet Johnny
11-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Tony your 100% right about screen size, I run a a dual monitor setup and they arent even close in resolution to each other. I figure the solution is to have a low resolution version and a high resolution version. The pictures dont even need to be the same for each pack.

Also working the black arts people call photoshop is beyond my paygrade. I can do simple things like crop pics and add things that look very photoshoped. Also I think its very important we dont go hunt google images for stuff cause I would hate to see this shut down cause we didnt have permission to use their picture. Im going to contact Jeep and ask them if I can have/use some of their promotional pictures for this project.

XJ Wheeler
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Tony your 100% right about screen size, I run a a dual monitor setup and they arent even close in resolution to each other. I figure the solution is to have a low resolution version and a high resolution version. The pictures dont even need to be the same for each pack.

Also working the black arts people call photoshop is beyond my paygrade. I can do simple things like crop pics and add things that look very photoshoped. Also I think its very important we dont go hunt google images for stuff cause I would hate to see this shut down cause we didnt have permission to use their picture. Im going to contact Jeep and ask them if I can have/use some of their promotional pictures for this project.

Don't know if being on my phone matters but i'm game if you need some of my pics.

Mudderoy
11-10-2012, 02:21 AM
I have the camera(s) and Jeep, so if you guys would like a desktop of my beauty, I can do it! :D