PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Driveline

Dredwolf
10-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I have to take a few minutes and point out the great service I have received from Carolina Driveline in Spartanburg, SC. They have done some work for my co-workers rigs. Harry is extremely knowledgeable and customer service oriented with genuine enthusiasm.

They have a package deal on the SYE kits with a custom drive shaft. Without asking for specific measurement up front, Harry asked simple questions about my XJ, its current lift and intended use, future modifications and suggested extra spline length to handle the rear axle droop I am going after with the shackle relocation brackets. We also discussed u-joints with grease fittings and without. Harry suggested that the build and balance of the drive shaft be delayed after the SYE and final rear suspension work is completed, and provided part numbers and local parts houses to purchase a couple things I needed to install the 3.5" leaf packs.

Very impressed, to say the least. I have seen their work on other rigs, and even two drift cars. A Carolina Driveline decal will be going on the XJ.:thumbsup:

http://www.carolinadriveline.com/

bluedragon436
11-04-2012, 06:42 AM
I have heard quite a few awesome stories about his customer service and work from friends beinga as I am from SC. It was between having Harry do the work to my XJ when I was at home on leave or having West Wateree Offroad do my work, and the only reason I went with West Wateree was because they had an opening for the last minute work, in the short time I was going to be down in SC. I have been thinking that if I take my XJ down to SC this year, that I might stop by and have Harry do an SYE and custom drive shaft install and I might even get to play some on trails and such on my trip back up through SC and NC trails on the way back to DE. Thanks for the feedback, and look forward to seeing some more reviews as you continue building up your XJ.

Dredwolf
11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
I have to give these guys another :thumbsup:. I have been trying to get my son's F150 4X4 back on the road after a clutch job, and all the things you find when you do something that big.

I rebuilt the front drive shaft with a tear down & clean with new greaseable u-joints, and went to install the rear drive shaft (u-joints had grease fittings and moved okay) when I noticed the rear yoke had a piece missing.:bang:.

Spoke with Harry, he said he could get the drive shaft repaired and balanced before lunch. I dropped off the drive shaft the next morning, Harry found the front yoke was missing a piece too, he noticed the u-joint bearing cap moving in the yoke. We talked about replacing both yokes, but Harry located a core, heavier wall driveshaft and made a "new" balanced drive shaft with new Spicer u-joints, and a fresh coat of black paint for my son's F150 in the time it took me to drive home and get my tools out for another project. Plus he gave me a really good price on what was far more involved than just replacing a yoke and a balance.

bluedragon436
11-22-2012, 05:28 PM
That definately sounds like a good deal and great customer service right there... wish I had a shop like that closer to me to get my DS's done for my SYE...