PDA

View Full Version : xjTalk has a new member - 4play

Mudderoy
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
4play! Thank you for joining xjtalk

If you have a few pictures of your Jeep, please post them. Everyone enjoys pictures.

Here\'s a link on how to post an image that might help you.
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=174

4play
08-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Greetings<
I've been exploring AZ by motorcycle & need something that will allow me to show this beautiful state to my wife. I'm looking at a Cherokee for the room, my bride likes the CJ's, TJ's

Melissa
08-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Welcome from Oregon

Good luck with your search!!

What year of Cherokee are you looking at?

Mudderoy
08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Greetings<
I've been exploring AZ by motorcycle & need something that will allow me to show this beautiful state to my wife. I'm looking at a Cherokee for the room, my bride likes the CJ's, TJ's

We were looking at the TJs when we bought our XJ. More room in the XJ and it had the same drive train.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
08-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Welcome!!!
IMO I think the TJ would be the best choice but that all depends on you and your needs.
I got an XJ cuz I take the family when we go wheeling so it was the best option for me

ol"blue
08-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah the XJ wins hands down when it comes to carrying capacity, and it'll go almost anywhere the TJ goes when properly equipped.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif

Voldemort
08-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Welcome to xjtalk.

BlueXJ
08-14-2009, 06:06 AM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/Welcome_SpinN.gif If you have no plans for kids in the next 5 years then TJ is fine. (Check out tjtalk.com) If you think you may have a family or just want more capacity when camping then the XJ or MJ would work better for you.

96xj
08-14-2009, 09:40 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk from flordia

UKJeepThang
08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Welcome from the UK!!! :D

Primo
08-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Welcome from Utah!!! I say XJ all the way no sence in doing something you'll regret later, Like buying anything but an XJ.

4play
08-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I left out a few details, I have 4 grown & gone kids. My wife will want to bring her dogs & or a friend or two. I don't plan be doing anything real extreme, I want a good ride to not abuse my wife's back too much & reliability. It will be driven to & from, so it must remain very streetable.

From reading here,
I have a '99 6cyl/auto high picked out. I'm thinking 31's with a 3" lift with a full replacement rear leaf (recommendations for best ride?) some trimming if needed, front sway bar quick connects, lockers & upgraded axle shafts. I may build my own rails, bumpers & roof rack.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
08-15-2009, 10:33 PM
WOW!!!
You have it all planned out that's good.
sounds like a good set up
when i got mine the only plan i had was
Wheel it.

Primo
08-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I left out a few details, I have 4 grown & gone kids. My wife will want to bring her dogs & or a friend or two. I don't plan be doing anything real extreme, I want a good ride to not abuse my wife's back too much & reliability. It will be driven to & from, so it must remain very streetable.

From reading here,
I have a '99 6cyl/auto high picked out. I'm thinking 31's with a 3" lift with a full replacement rear leaf (recommendations for best ride?) some trimming if needed, front sway bar quick connects, lockers & upgraded axle shafts. I may build my own rails, bumpers & roof rack.

Sounds good man! as far as lift to tire size goes there is a sticky in the moded section of the forum that is awsome it tells you tire size to lift and how much cutting you will need to do, you should check that out for sure!!!
I put a 2" inch spacer in the front and a 2" black diamond add a leaf in the rear and only spent like $110.00 If I were going to go to 3" I would do the same but add a 1" shackle out back and a 1" lift coil in the front you could also go with a 3" spacer insted of a 2 + 1 in front.
The black diamond add a leaf I got is awsome it didn't make it ride to stiff actually it still rides like stock! you could do all this for around $200.00 befor you cut and got your disco's witch I would say go with the JKS disco's $150.00 or better if you look hard!!
None the less the XJ is what you want trust me I don't have kids yet but there is always someone that wants to go with you and when that happens you wont have room if you get a yj or tj Im always packin all my friends stuff when we go camping and I have two dogs , they love the room!:smiley-talk024:

N1TZU
08-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Hello 4play, Welcome to XJT from Maine......TJ and CJ's are nice,I happen to like the XJ partly because I have camped out in it and carried all my gear in it,Just my thoughts......Bob........Good luck on your quest.....

jimwww
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Nice Name.

I just got my XJ two months ago - but did not get it from mechanics prison till last weekend.

Mudderoy
08-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice Name.

I just got my XJ two months ago - but did not get it from mechanics prison till last weekend.

Did you get conjugal visits? :smiley-taunt001: