PDA

View Full Version : TeraFlex disco's

firehawk
08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Anyone else here running these disco's? I've had them on my Jeep for about 2 years, and have had to rebuild parts of them twice already.:thumbdown:

The pivot balls on each end have worn enough in their sockets to allow the disco to rattle when hitting cracks/seams in the pavement. I had to replace one of the top pieces when the stud that attaches it to the swaybar bent.:thumbdown: A set of 4 of the poly pivot balls cost over $30, which is nuts IMO.

I will admit they are cheaper than JKS, etc... but it's not easy to get just replacment parts from TeraFlex and they seem to wear too quick IMO.

I guess I wanted to know if anyone is running these, and have had the problems I've had?

DETOURS
08-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Ever try running WITHOUT the sway bar?
We dont run sway bars, my wife has even requested hers be removed after driving my former XJ's which went without..........save money, save weight....check it out. ;)

(all XJ's were short arms over 4.5" with 33's)

firehawk
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Ever try running WITHOUT the sway bar?
We dont run sway bars, my wife has even requested hers be removed after driving my former XJ's which went without..........save money, save weight....check it out. ;)

(all XJ's were short arms over 4.5" with 33's)

Yeah, I've driven without the swaybar hooked up. It isn't that bad, but it still feels "funky" to me. I suppose I could get used to it over time. The TeraFlex disco's work great "most" of the time, but I can't understand why they keep wearing out so quick AND I hate rattles.:smiley-scared002: Hell the Jeep 98% of the time is just getting me back and forth to work. And that is mostly interstate driving.

Maybe I'll try running without it for awhile and see.

Primo
08-13-2009, 07:50 PM
I have a buddy who has the jks fully adjustable disco's and he loves them!!! The problem is with all the others is that they have like two positions with the exception of a few others that have a good adjustment system. The ones with two positions can never be perfectly adjusted like the JKS, So if you get them to tight the wear out to fast to loose and they don't do there job right.

Knowing the fact that your jeep is a DD like mine you will miss the hell out of the sway bar if you take it off, I know I would I tried it once it buged!!!
Get the jks you won't be sorry!!!!!

P.S. He has had his for like 2 years no problems!!!:thumbsup:

DETOURS
08-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Go Cammando...............it's the only way to role! ;)

Dirt Dogg Rydas
08-15-2009, 02:07 AM
The ride is smoother without the swaybar but a little scary on turns specially if you have a lift. my wife hates it when i disconnect mine.

muddeprived
08-15-2009, 08:46 AM
The ride is smoother without the swaybar but a little scary on turns specially if you have a lift. my wife hates it when i disconnect mine.

Me too. It's all in the springs/shocks. Soft springs/shocks will sway, stiff springs/shocks will not. I run soft springs and shocks and I can't drive without the front sway bar. Too tippy.