PDA

View Full Version : WTB PS Gearbox & KM2's !

Ohio2001XJ
10-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi All !
I need a power steering gearbox from a 1999 Dodge Durango 5.2 liter as well as 4 (or 5) BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 tires....31x10.5x15. If you know anyone that may have these parts, please have them get with me! Thanks!

denverd1
10-03-2012, 02:56 PM
hit up a junkyard for the box. not sure about tires, good used mud tires are damn near impossible to find. good luck!

4.3LXJ
10-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I have to agree with that advise

prcjeep
10-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Craigslist.org for the tires... i use the keyword "mud" to find tires. Check twice a day. the good deals go quick so don't drag your feet or look if your not absolutely ready to purchase

Ohio2001XJ
10-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys!
I have been searching CL for the BFGs for months now...(will end sucking it up and buying new I am sure I LOVED the last ones I had)...went last weekend to the Ohio Pick n Pull..wasn't able to dig a G Box up....YET!
Thanks!

denverd1
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I have been searching CL for the BFGs for months now...(will end sucking it up and buying new I am sure I LOVED the last ones I had)...went last weekend to the Ohio Pick n Pull..wasn't able to dig a G Box up....YET!
Thanks!

did they have any cherokees?? don't forget G. cherokees, when I was reworking my steering they had the same setup on the pump side. Likely the same underneath it.... Also, a remanufactured box is about $100 with a core exchange at your favorite parts store. Not the cheapest option but at least you know the seals are good.

Ahhh!!! Forgot you were looking for a Durango box..

4.3LXJ
10-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks!

If you cannot find a used box, you can achieve the same thing with and AGR Superpump. Their power steering pump bolts in and gives you 50% more pressure which is about the same increase in performance you would get with the box

Mudderoy
10-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks!

There is a way to see the date the tires were made. I would make sure any tire you buy has a recent date. There was a news story not to long ago about tires coming apart because they were old.

Ohio2001XJ
10-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Thats a good point about the tire age...I heard about that too......I am about to pull the trigger and just buy the BFGs new.......kinda need to be able to trust the tires !! Adding more to the PS G-Box, my original one seems to be getting like me...old, loose and making noise any time it moves....I may look at the re-man option, maybe using a Junkyard Durango part as the core swap.....kinda covers all the bases,,,,,,,the AGR pump would be cool if I didnt already need to replace the G-Box......thanks again ALL!