PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request please

prcjeep
09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
This past Saturday my Uncle past away doing one of the things he loved, flying. He owned two planes, a "Piper J sea plane" and a "Piper J Cub". After completing the sale of one of the planes near Kingsland TX, he took it up for one last time. Just after take-off and banking left, there was an engine failure leading to the plane nose diving. Seriously injured in the crash, he was too unstable for life flight and was taken to the regional hospital where he was pronounced dead. Witnesses were the buyer and one of my Uncle's close friends.
His eyes were donated but unfortunately the rest of his organs had incurred too much damage. By his wishes, he will be cremated and ashes spread over Lake Marble Falls.

God has called Him Home.

Please, send prayers to His Sister(my Mother), His Wife, His Daughter, who is getting married in December, His Son, who is getting married next summer, and the rest of the family.

OrangeXJ
09-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Patrick sorry to here about your loss. At least he was doing what he loved

4.3LXJ
09-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Patrick, I too am sorry for his loss. It is tragic and you will feel his loss. I am reminded of a movie called Second Hand Lions. If you haven't seen it, it will bring tears to your eyes. The two old guys died with their boots on. And so did your Uncle.

Mudderoy
09-10-2012, 10:59 AM
This past Saturday my Uncle past away doing one of the things he loved, flying. He owned two planes, a "Piper J sea plane" and a "Piper J Cub". After completing the sale of one of the planes near Kingsland TX, he took it up for one last time. Just after take-off and banking left, there was an engine failure leading to the plane nose diving. Seriously injured in the crash, he was too unstable for life flight and was taken to the regional hospital where he was pronounced dead. Witnesses were the buyer and one of my Uncle's close friends.
His eyes were donated but unfortunately the rest of his organs had incurred too much damage. By his wishes, he will be cremated and ashes spread over Lake Marble Falls.

God has called Him Home.

Please, send prayers to His Sister(my Mother), His Wife, His Daughter, who is getting married in December, His Son, who is getting married next summer, and the rest of the family.

It's stories like this that keep me from flying. Not so much for me but my family. Love flying. Sorry to hear about this Patrick.

XJ Wheeler
09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Patrick, i am truly sorry to hear of this tragedy. It sounds like he went with a smile though, doing what he loved. You and all his loved ones will be in my prayers.

Brasscatz
09-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Very sorry to hear about this, Patrick. You have my prayers. Let me know if there's anything I can do