PDA

View Full Version : Episode 43 - August 26th, 2012 - XJ TALK SHOW!

Mudderoy
08-26-2012, 06:57 PM
First Voice mail question is a long while! Bob from Moab, Utah, with answers by 4.3lxj and NW99XJ
Jeep Tips! – Slip Yoke Eliminator – NW99XJ
Interview with Dan Jeepin_Idaho and host of “The 4×4 Podcast”

Want to be a guest? [email protected] or call 530-675-4102
Have a Jeep Tip? [email protected], or call 530-675-4102

:link: (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com/index.php/2012/08/episode-43-august-26th-2012-xj-talk-show/)

Brasscatz
08-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm loving these! Thanks Tony!

prerunner1982
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
The "voice" at the end giving the voicemail # made me laugh...

Another good show though. Keep it up Tony.

Mudderoy
08-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

prerunner1982
08-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I also liked the music at the intro...

I liked the previous intro voice though better, can't tell you specifically why though.

Mudderoy
08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I also liked the music at the intro...

I liked the previous intro voice though better, can't tell you specifically why though.

That was the original intro music. We'll go back to the regular next show. :D

Oh you mean the announcer's voice that does the introduction. Yep that was a professionally done intro vs. a friend's intro.

prerunner1982
08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Tony did you see the podcast on Ham radio on 4x4podcast.com? Was just curious, listening to it right now.

Brasscatz
08-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Personally, I like the electric guitar intro music much better. At a few points it sounds like the guitar is saying "XJ" lol

Mudderoy
08-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Tony did you see the podcast on Ham radio on 4x4podcast.com? Was just curious, listening to it right now.

I'm confused. It sounds like you are talking about two different podcasts. I listened to the most recent "The 4x4 Podcast" and I don't recall any mention of HAM radio.

Now there is a HAM radio podcast that is part of the TWIT network. Leo Laporte's thing.

bad luck
10-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi Tony, I really liked this episode a lot I think the podcasts are getting better and better. I especially liked that guy asking about the unibody stiffeners. Oh yeah, that was me. But I appreciate the good answers from Steve and Josh. I hate to be negative but I don't like the long musical interludes, If I wanted music I would listen to a music podcast. Enough of my bitching though, keep up the good work. Thanks again Bob

NW99XJ
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM

I listened to that a while back... found it informative.

Mudderoy
10-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Hi Tony, I really liked this episode a lot I think the podcasts are getting better and better. I especially liked that guy asking about the unibody stiffeners. Oh yeah, that was me. But I appreciate the good answers from Steve and Josh. I hate to be negative but I don't like the long musical interludes, If I wanted music I would listen to a music podcast. Enough of my bitching though, keep up the good work. Thanks again Bob

Well thanks for the question that you called in and the great kudos on the show. I can't remember where I heard it originally but someone else didn't like the music, so I changed it from the full length of the music to 30 seconds. I don't know if you noticed this and if it made it at least tolerable.

I like having a transition before the interview. If you hear the music you know the interview is about to start, so go pee, make a sandwich etc... :D

Nothing is written in stone of course. I really appreciate the feedback.