PDA

View Full Version : Taking your podcasts with you.

Mudderoy
08-14-2012, 07:09 AM
http://youtu.be/rsF2R2huQ84

Joliet Johnny
08-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Wow you found an app that makes the android platform fit my life. I need an mp3 player that happens to work as a phone also. Im guessing you have tried this app, what do you think of it? Maybe I will upgrade from my 1st gen iPhone as I dont see T mobile getting iPhones till I buy a new phone.

Mudderoy
08-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Wow you found an app that makes the android platform fit my life. I need an mp3 player that happens to work as a phone also. Im guessing you have tried this app, what do you think of it? Maybe I will upgrade from my 1st gen iPhone as I dont see T mobile getting iPhones till I buy a new phone.

BeyondPod is what I use. I used it on my Motorola Cliq XT and now on my Galaxy S2.

It updates all the subscribed podcasts over night via WiFi. I can use the cell Internet connect to update too, I just have it set to automatically update when wifi is present.

Brasscatz
08-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this app! I have to say, Tony... I've known about the existence of the podcasts for quite some time, and even listened to parts of some of them on my computer. I listen to a lot of stuff while I'm at work, talk radio via iheartradio, music and stand up comedy on Pandora, downloaded songs, etc, but I grow bored of them from time to time for one reason or another. This morning I thought about the xjtalk podcasts. I got onto xjtalk.com on my phone browser (I don't have the tapatalk app) and I was able to listen that way, and I listened to them all day! I started on the July 15th show, and have listened all the way up to the latest episode, which I'll listen to tomorrow. After that, because of this app, I'm going to start at the very beginning!

Thanks for making these, I love listening to them at work! Really enjoyed the episodes with Patrick's story, It's awesome that Steve calls in with the Tips, and Jimbo's comment on how great the site is is hilarious and spot-on!

Mudderoy
08-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this app! I have to say, Tony... I've known about the existence of the podcasts for quite some time, and even listened to parts of some of them on my computer. I listen to a lot of stuff while I'm at work, talk radio via iheartradio, music and stand up comedy on Pandora, downloaded songs, etc, but I grow bored of them from time to time for one reason or another. This morning I thought about the xjtalk podcasts. I got onto xjtalk.com on my phone browser (I don't have the tapatalk app) and I was able to listen that way, and I listened to them all day! I started on the July 15th show, and have listened all the way up to the latest episode, which I'll listen to tomorrow. After that, because of this app, I'm going to start at the very beginning!

Thanks for making these, I love listening to them at work! Really enjoyed the episodes with Patrick's story, It's awesome that Steve calls in with the Tips, and Jimbo's comment on how great the site is is hilarious and spot-on!

Thanks. Yeah Jim's voicemail message (promo) makes me laugh every time.

Patrick is a character, but in a good way. :D

I don't have an iPhone, never have, but any apple product that supports iTunes can be used to take xjtalk podcast with you too. You can subscribe to it on iTunes and the shows are automatically downloaded to your IOS device, I mean if you set it to auto download.

bluedragon436
08-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Will have to remember this app, so I can install it on my Droid once I get home.. That way I can enjoy the xjtalk podcasts easier and will probably start listening to other casts if they are easily accessible..