PDA

View Full Version : Episode 41 – August 12th, 2012 – xjalk.com Show!

Mudderoy
08-12-2012, 09:57 PM
ARB Air locker arrives (the right one)
LMC Truck headlight wiring harness
Steve, 4.3LXJ Jeep Tips, Death Wobble
Part one interview with Rob dagod16

:link: (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com/index.php/2012/08/episode-41-august-12th-2012-xjtalk-com-show/)

dagod16
08-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I thought that Rob guy, what was his call member name...... Dagod16.. I like him, we need to have him back on.

cantab27
08-14-2012, 12:05 AM
well ya think that dudes are star...should listen to that kiwi guy........

4.3LXJ
08-14-2012, 01:10 AM

who, Warren?

bigjim350
08-14-2012, 01:17 AM

Have tried listening to him. Can't understand a damn word :confused: :out: :D

Mudderoy
08-14-2012, 02:32 AM
who, Warren?

lol

prcjeep
08-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Hey, so I have a question regarding something that was discussed about death wobble.

First off, thanks Steve for dicussing this topic as at one point or another everyone with a Jeep comes across it.

You mentioned forwards and backwards of the axle can cause death wobble. Well what allows the axle to twist front or back? I think mine has rotated a bit like this for almost a year now. For example. Im im rolling backwards in nuetral, tap the brakes enough to make them grab and then let off, It make two clunks, which is when the axle shift/rotates forward and backward.
What needs to be replaced? LCA?UCA bushings? knuckle ball joints?

4.3LXJ
08-21-2012, 10:34 AM
It is the control arm bushings that need to be replaced. Probably all of them

prcjeep
08-21-2012, 10:44 AM

Thats what i figured... ugh. I have the rough country upper/lowers so i'll have to order the rebuild kit for the frame side. Is there anyone else that sells them?

4.3LXJ
08-21-2012, 12:22 PM
If it is RC, you have to get them from them. Whine and see if they will replace them for free

Mudderoy
08-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I had a similar problem with a cluck and a feeling of the shifting of a lot of weight, it was the driver's motor mount.

prcjeep
08-21-2012, 01:17 PM
If it is RC, you have to get them from them. Whine and see if they will replace them for free
Will see about that, They have been out for a LONG time, but I never called them. I do need to call them because they are going to replace my rear leaf packs.

I had a similar problem with a cluck and a feeling of the shifting of a lot of weight, it was the driver's motor mount.

I just bought these last week :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170864264968?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2F i.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D170864264968%26_rdc%3 D1

bluedragon436
08-21-2012, 08:45 PM

I am wondering if this isn't part of an issue causing my DW!! I'll be checking and replacing TRE's and bushings when I get home from this deployment.. The frequency the DW is occuring is getting crazy now... Kind of making it not an enjoyable experience to have the lifted XJ..

I wish my LMC headlight harness would work as it is supposed too.. It works awesomely normally, so long as I don't turn my brights on... then I have to completely cut the headlights all the way off and back on to get the low beams back... otherwise I end up with high and low beams on at the same time once I come back off the high beams.. I've tried swapping the two relays in the LMC harness thinking that might help.. not so much, can't find any replacement relays locally.. so I'm going to try and contact LMC once I get back stateside to see what they might be able to do to help me with this issue..

4.3LXJ
08-21-2012, 10:02 PM
I am wondering if this isn't part of an issue causing my DW!! I'll be checking and replacing TRE's and bushings when I get home from this deployment.. The frequency the DW is occuring is getting crazy now... Kind of making it not an enjoyable experience to have the lifted XJ..

I wish my LMC headlight harness would work as it is supposed too.. It works awesomely normally, so long as I don't turn my brights on... then I have to completely cut the headlights all the way off and back on to get the low beams back... otherwise I end up with high and low beams on at the same time once I come back off the high beams.. I've tried swapping the two relays in the LMC harness thinking that might help.. not so much, can't find any replacement relays locally.. so I'm going to try and contact LMC once I get back stateside to see what they might be able to do to help me with this issue..

James, it sounds like a relay is still getting power when you go back to dim. If I had a wiring diagram I could probably figure it out for you.

bluedragon436
08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing... That is why I was going to get a hold of LMC and see if they can either help me with a wiring diagram, or maybe swap me harnesses.. I don't have time to take the whole thing apart to figure it out.. I'm just debating if I'm going to tell them I put it in an XJ or the proper truck it was made for?! LOL

prcjeep
08-23-2012, 10:36 AM

Well, I've replaced the tie-rod/drag link system, both tie-rod ends on the knuckles and the one at the pitman arm. Axle has been swapped. tie-rod end on frame side of track bar was replaced. Bushing on axle side is good and TIGHT. just leaves my control arm bushings and wheel balancing for options to correct DW...