PDA

View Full Version : Serious Offroad Products

afbond03
08-11-2012, 05:56 PM
My first Serious Offroad Product was his winch bumper. When I purchased it Frank had not started up his online business. I drove to Colorado Springs expecting to just pick it up and bring it back to Cheyenne to install at a later date. NOPE! I had the time so there in Franks drive way we slapped that bad boy on, awesome I thought!
Few years past and I am ready to make the jump to long arms. I knew for my money, Serious Offroad Products was the way to go again. I opted to drive to CS and pick them up again, this time I wasn't in the Jeep so he couldn't offer to help install lol. Still a great transaction and an awesome product!
Few weeks ago after my Jeep sitting for almost a year I knew the first thing I wanted to tackle before getting it back on the trail was steering. I ordered the Serious Offroad Products UTK kit, it arrive promptly and boy is it BEEF. Easy install except I would advise anyone to take off your pitman arm and have a shop drill it out or if you have your own drill press with a kick ass 7/8" bit go that route. The knuckles were fairly easy to get through with a Dewalt bit and hand drill. Anyways, after the pitman arm was done it was an easy install getting everything buttoned up. Woo what a difference.
All in all I've been dealing with Serious Offroad/FrankZ for a few years now and I can this the man is a very valued Jeep'r in my book. If you are looking for anything, give him a shot!

4.3LXJ
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Yup, Frank is good people

07Negative
08-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I too can vouch for Frank. Though I have not bought anything he has crafted. I have however bought my entire AGR steering from him. Gear box and pump. I got the Borgeson steering shaft from him. And a few other parts.
I bug this guy all the time about questions I don't have the answers to. And since I'm building 2 axles now. I'll be getting all my parts through him.

bluedragon436
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I've been looking at is front bumper as well as his steering upgrade for my XJ.. I'm hoping to pick it up after this deployment.. Good review on his products!!

afbond03
08-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I've been looking at is front bumper as well as his steering upgrade for my XJ.. I'm hoping to pick it up after this deployment.. Good review on his products!!

I believe he has a discount for us military folks so be sure and run that by him when buying.

bluedragon436
08-14-2012, 02:06 AM
I believe he has a discount for us military folks so be sure and run that by him when buying.

Oh, I'll def make sure and ask about that.... Never hurts getting any sort of discount on some good products, especially when you don't make much extra money to play with in the first place...

Dredwolf
10-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh, I'll def make sure and ask about that.... Never hurts getting any sort of discount on some good products, especially when you don't make much extra money to play with in the first place...

I have to give give Kudos to Frank at Serious Offroad Products as well...great customer service, fast shipping, and very good prices.

bad luck
10-31-2012, 05:30 PM
I am glad to hear your pleased with your serious steering upgrade, I just ordered it from Frank and am waiting for it to arrive. He told me I would be better off to remove the knuckles and drill them out on the drill press, but you did yours in place and it went well, it sounds like, so maybe I will try that too. Thanks for the review.