PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar

XJ Rat
07-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Wash and wax your vehicle, but the paint still feels a little rough? Try a clay bar system on the paint. I just did my F150 and XJ & wow, what a difference! I used the Mothers kit, but there are others out there. The XJ had so much crude in the paint that there is a new scratch, but the paint is glass smooth and very glossy.

And no, I do not work for Mothers, I just like their products.

OrangeXJ
07-22-2012, 11:37 AM
I have used it in the past it works great

Mudderoy
07-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Wash and wax your vehicle, but the paint still feels a little rough? Try a clay bar system on the paint. I just did my F150 and XJ & wow, what a difference! I used the Mothers kit, but there are others out there. The XJ had so much crude in the paint that there is a new scratch, but the paint is glass smooth and very glossy.

And no, I do not work for Mothers, I just like their products.

Thanks! I've seen this on a few car shows and wondered if it made a difference or not. I mean they always say it does, but...

It's great to hear it from someone I know.

bad luck
10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I just washed the jeep and then clayed it, then put Klasse all in one, on it and followed that with a paint sealer and gloss. The jeep looks so good I don't want to take on any trails now. But I will anyway. Bob

cherren
11-12-2012, 03:38 AM
They are awesome, I wonder where the idea came from:confused:

bad luck
04-15-2013, 07:22 PM
The guy where I bought mine said it was first used in Japan, so I guess they thought of it.