PDA

View Full Version : Have you been treated unfairly on xjtalk?

Mudderoy
07-13-2012, 09:30 AM
It is the utmost importance to me that we are different that the other sites. The goal of this site was to make sure that everyone is welcome and free to express their opinions and ask any question.

If it's not obvious I'll state, your opinion is fine unless it hurts, offends, etc... someone else. I think you can discuss most anything with someone if you do it respectfully.

Anyway to the point.

If you feel that you've been disrespected, flamed, told to leave, you know anything negative like that I want you to take a moment to send me a private message. If you have been offended, etc... by me please feel free to PM me but if you feel more comfortable telling the other admin, msmoorenburg that is understandable.

In my mind the admins, and moderators keep a close eye on this type of negative behavior and we addresses it with the individual when it happens. Not by banning them but explaining why it doesn't mess with the xjtalk way of doing things.

We've been pretty successful in not banning people over the last three years. We work with our members because I think everyone has something to contribute. {There will be a group hug at the end of this post}

:patriot:

XJ Wheeler
07-17-2012, 02:47 AM
It is the utmost importance to me that we are different that the other sites. The goal of this site was to make sure that everyone is welcome and free to express their opinions and ask any question.

If it's not obvious I'll state, your opinion is fine unless it hurts, offends, etc... someone else. I think you can discuss most anything with someone if you do it respectfully.

Anyway to the point.

If you feel that you've been disrespected, flamed, told to leave, you know anything negative like that I want you to take a moment to send me a private message. If you have been offended, etc... by me please feel free to PM me but if you feel more comfortable telling the other admin, msmoorenburg that is understandable.

In my mind the admins, and moderators keep a close eye on this type of negative behavior and we addresses it with the individual when it happens. Not by banning them but explaining why it doesn't mess with the xjtalk way of doing things.

We've been pretty successful in not banning people over the last three years. We work with our members because I think everyone has something to contribute. {There will be a group hug at the end of this post}

:patriot:

This is one of the reasons why i love xjtalk, you actually care about your members and your site.

Us members don't have to worry about voicing an opinion and i think that way more info gets posted. Otherwise someone may not post thinking another will have a problem with it and get flamed. As well, we (the members) don't have to sift through miles of bull to find the good parts.

Mudderoy
07-17-2012, 03:00 AM
This is one of the reasons why i love xjtalk, you actually care about your members and your site.

Us members don't have to worry about voicing an opinion and i think that way more info gets posted. Otherwise someone may not post thinking another will have a problem with it and get flamed. As well, we (the members) don't have to sift through miles of bull to find the good parts.

Well so far I've only heard from two people that had issues, and one was with me!!!! It was only a shock from the standpoint that I thought I was doing a pretty good job NOT being an :ass: I like joking around and you never know how someone is going to take it.

XJ Wheeler
07-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Well so far I've only heard from two people that had issues, and one was with me!!!! It was only a shock from the standpoint that I thought I was doing a pretty good job NOT being an :ass: I like joking around and you never know how someone is going to take it.

Plus sometimes things read differently than they're meant, I've gotten a few things confused that way.

Mudderoy
07-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Plus sometimes things read differently than they're meant, I've gotten a few things confused that way.

Very true. It all depends on the person's perspective. Hell it's always possible that someone just got on the site after having a fight with the better half, and we all know how well teasing would go over at that point.

XJ Wheeler
07-17-2012, 03:44 AM
Very true. It all depends on the person's perspective. Hell it's always possible that someone just got on the site after having a fight with the better half, and we all know how well teasing would go over at that point.

Ha, don't go to the net mad.:poke:

xj4life2
07-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Well for my two cents , I give you great props and respect for asking this kind of question. You could, as you probably have, open a huge can of worms.But the main reason most of are here is because of this kind of caring and mutual respect.With out his kind of straight up honesty we could never be as successfully as we are. Thanks big time for having the intestinal fortitude to ask such a poinient question and for caring enough about all of us to do it.

Mudderoy
07-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Well for my two cents , I give you great props and respect for asking this kind of question. You could, as you probably have, open a huge can of worms.But the main reason most of are here is because of this kind of caring and mutual respect.With out his kind of straight up honesty we could never be as successfully as we are. Thanks big time for having the intestinal fortitude to ask such a poinient question and for caring enough about all of us to do it.

Thanks but if you ain't bitchin you ain't helping! :D

I think I've said it before, but... my wife is shocked at how well I get along with people "online". I'm opinionated, I don't fear conflict so if you don't agree with me I let you know it. She's pretty aggressive as well but everyone likes her, so I've been trying to learn from her!!! lol

Seeing how people were treated on other forums, it just pissed me off so bad I had to do something about it. I know though that when people get into power no matter how much they don't want to be like the people that were in charge before they can become that way, hence this post.

It's very important to me that xjtalk is different with an open environment to speak. If we can accomplish this xjtalk will become very popular (which would make me very happy) but really my long term goal is to change the other sites so that all people can openly speak their minds, or even post about not having Federally mandated equipment on their Jeeps.

Of course we to have limits so we will try to explain to an offending member where they went off the rails, and/or edit their post. We do have to be respectful to each other.

Sorry for this repeat for you long time members, but we do have a lot of new people that may not know. :sign0181: